Flashing receivers, not for the faint hearted?

Stephen Belshaw

Went to connect up an old R-XSR to use as a secondary Rx today and found it would not bind so assume it has the old IXJT ACCST SW in it which is not compatible with my Horus which is running IXJT V2.1.0.

The query I have is what Rx input do I  connect the data wire coming from the TX programming port output. Assume it to be the S Port connection which is the third pin, Grd being 1, +ve being 2 followed by S Port on 3.

I have always been wary of software/firmware updates when the device is working adequately. I am convinced that most manufacturers are degrading older items. Of course we have no choice when so many things automatically talk back to the mother ship. Even my doorbell emails me when it’s battery is low. I once killed a 6 grand tester when the power failed during an upgrade  Damn thing would not even switch on due to no firmware.  Took hours to untangle that one. Mainly due to the company firewalls and spyware refusing to accept files from a foreign manufacturer website.

3 hours ago, Andy Joyce said:

Well downloaded what I thought was the correct file to the R-XSR but the item still refuses to bind.

Had assumed the correct SW was RXSR_ACCST_2.1.0_LBT but should I have used one of the other files as captured below?

Capture of SW.JPG

Of the four files, the top two are international standard, the bottom two are EU standard. Which you use, depends on which standard your transmitter is set to. For most of us it will be EU standard.

The Fport is a newer receiver standard, mostly designed to overcome some of the issues with linking flight controllers for drones. In other words, which you use won't make a lot of difference for model planes, although the receiver must be capable of supporting this standard. Fport v2 allows other configurable devices such as servos and ESCs to be configured or updated via the receiver providing one is using ACCESS.

Edited by Andy48