Frsky GPS sensor

Brian Dorricott 1

I purchased the above unit for my RM TX16S the other day and what a cracking little unit for just over £30 . Installation a doddle , connect to smartport look for new sensors create a special function for the logging and assign a switch - all done and working superbly . Walked around the block with it on an X8R and a battery then looked on Google earth where I'd been - superb . Seems such a good piece of kit for a superb price when other mainstream manufacturers seem to want extra kit and a mortgage taking out for the same functionality . Looked into building my own but can't get near the price and size ( arduino nano+gps+sdcard writer) . Anything equivalent to it for Spectrum out there without extra telemetry hubs etc ? 

That makes sense Brian.

Linked my logging to the throttle cut switch which is 3 position, switch down logging and throttle live, switch middle position throttle cut with logging (great for gliding) and switch up throttle cut no logging - when recovering a machine or taking machine to the flight line.