trying to load 2.3.14 to my Dx9+2019SE

Viv Letherby

When i try to update my recently acquired DX9+2019se to the latest version as I'm running on my DX9+, I get "executable/taranis/companion2.2/dfu.exe not found" I'm using Companion 2.3.14 and have made several downloads of the 1/10/2021 update. I still get the same message, I've deleted all older files when i successfully updated my DX9+ several months ago. Any help/commnts appreciated.

Edited by Viv Letherby
typo

Thank you soooo much Ron, for the clear instructions, it really saved the day. I've been using a Taranis for years but have never had to tell Companion where the files are located before. I really don't understand how a fresh install of the latest Companion can look for old copies of files!

Edited by Viv Letherby

A new installation should be just that as it creates a new subfolder ( in this case Companion2.3) but it’s always a good thing to check all file locations, in addition to above, for any new installation to make sure that it’s pointing to your backup folders for your TXs and SD card contents too. But the error message gave the game away!

Yes you decide the name and where they are saved. I have my system setup with different folders for the various TXs I have and within each I have folders for Backups, Models, SD Card contents, Firmware. If I want to copy a model from one TX to another I open the model file from TX A and then connect TX B, import the models, copy the model from TXA to TX B, save the TX B model file in the correct folder then write it back to TX B.

Where does Companion normally save files? I've read the models and settings from my old Taranis and want to write them to the new one, all I know is that Companion called it document1 but I can't locate it. Is it possible to save the model file to a designated folder?

Wow there's always more to learn I thought once you read the models from a transmitter they were automatically stored in Companion not just read! no wonder i could only find outdated model files i had saved from the sdcard.