Help editing a PDF file please?

Gary Murphy 1

I always thought that M S Word could open a PDF file and extract the text and formatting as long as it is not a scanned PDF. See if you can get PDF as the file type in the file open box.

There are also on line PDF file converters that create an RTF file that Word definitely opens.

This file was done on our old tower PC. it was loaded with MSword/office etc. All these programmes never used.

So got a laptop,this has word pad and paint,these 2 things get me by for letters etc.

When i convert the Word file to PDF all boxes dissapear.

i have next ti no pc skills,looked on YT but to edit txt is too complicated for me.

regards back up, i have never done that,nothing on my laptop is important,any photos etc i have stored on dongle.

Just not up to speed on this stuff. i did this file on office with help from neihbour who is no longer there sinse moving,

thanks for the advice anyway

I've edited over a hundred PDFs and use LibreOffice Draw. It is FREE and runs on everything.

As well as this, running Linux, there is a specific app for PDFs, Master PDF Editor. However the OP is unlikely to be able to use either.

If the PDF isn't too private, possibly putting it up as an attachment to this thread to see if someone can fix it?

Thanks Grumpy and Philip for offer to help. After all the initial posts of so called help went else where.

It beats me how people think everyone knows how to use a PC/Laptop to good standards!

I am no pc whizz at all,i do not even have a smart phone!

All this stuff about the file and where it is,if i had the file i would not be asking for help. yes i should of kept a copy befor i attempted to edit,but i did not.

There is a independent computer shop close by,i went in there to ask about a programme to edit pdf,thats easy.the young guy said whats it for.told him what i said here. He asked me to get this laptop. showed him the file.

With 5 or 6 clicks ,the had the 2 squashed lines of words back to 5 neat lines. took him less than 5 mins.

I was over the moon,he would not give me a price so i gave him £10 to fill his motorbike up.

He asked me no silly questions,just helped.great young lad.