Can anyone help with some armoury?

Graham Davies 3

Morning all,

Continuing on my journey into designing my own models, I'm currently moving on from my Swedish FVVS J-22 to another highly obscure subject: 

Kaproni Bulgarski KB-11 Fazan

Operated by Bulgaria and Yugoslavia and fitting my remit "so obscure that no-one will know if I've got it right"...

I need some weaponry. The original had a pair of 7.92mm Zbrojovka M-30 machine guns in the observer's bay behind the wing. They look a bit like Lewis guns without the ammunition canister in this picture:

image.png.2e57d174a45f7e979a5e42eb7e8bd6bd.png

Would anyone with the skills and equipment be able to create a pair of these at 10th or 11th scale (my model is somewhere in between. It's 'in the style of' so we don't need to be too picky)? Even Lewis guns would do. Obviously, I will pay!

I think the model needs them, or it will be somewhat lacking.

Thank you

Graham

Thanks Leccyflyer, let's see what transpires

There are various 'near enoughs' on Thingiverse. I might try to narrow it down later this evening. I agree though, my model is too small to stand close scrutiny in any case, but on a flypast it needs to have something poking out! Lewis guns would certainly give the effect I'm after. In any case, who's to know!

Thanks also GG. It has some nice lines, but also the essential WW2 'functional' look.

Graham

1 minute ago, Ron Gray said:

Thanks Ron.

I saw that one. Whilst I've got nothing against a lewis guns per se, I think I will use a pair of guns. Given the semi-scale nature of the model, accommodating the mount may be a struggle too. However, we're on the right lines!

I'll have a pick through the wonders of Thingiverse latter when I'm not (supposed to be) working. 

Graham

1 hour ago, Ron Gray said:

I could modify the design to give the rectangular breech, remove the pistol grip and have rear hand grips. Mine are stuck to a post that mounts in a socket in the cockpit floor, that way I can turn them round (why?).

Suicide mission?

Ron, it would be great if you could. Don't work for free though! PM me what I owe and we'll make it so.

Thank you

Graham

• 2 weeks later...