Windows 11

John  Tee

I've got W10 and W11 computers and switch between them all the time without any difficulty.  There were a few 'where has that gone' when I started using W11 for the first time but it was all pretty easy to sort out - one example is that the right click sub-menu has replaced the cut, copy, paste words with tiny icons that are easy to overlook.

I find the hardware compatability a bit puzzling.  My new laptop came with W11 so must be compliant but the test says that my desktop is not compliant - the puzzling bit is that my desktop will run circles round my laptop hardware-wise and could easily run W11.

2 hours ago, Nigel Heather said:

I've got W10 and W11 computers and switch between them all the time without any difficulty.  There were a few 'where has that gone' when I started using W11 for the first time but it was all pretty easy to sort out - one example is that the right click sub-menu has replaced the cut, copy, paste words with tiny icons that are easy to overlook.

I find the hardware compatability a bit puzzling.  My new laptop came with W11 so must be compliant but the test says that my desktop is not compliant - the puzzling bit is that my desktop will run circles round my laptop hardware-wise and could easily run W11.

Some of the requirements for Win11 are security related (Trusted platform module V2 and secure boot.    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11-system-requirements-86c11283-ea52-4782-9efd-7674389a7ba3) and nothing to do with the machines performance per se.  It may be your desktop is actually compatible but the required options have not been enabled in your machines BIOS. There are further links within the link above that will advise you how to check.  

Edited by FlyinFlynn