Beware hidden charges from Facebook companies after checkout.

martin collins 1

I just ordered a Christmas prezzie for my wife from a company advertising on Facebook the cost was £13.99 with 28p shipping insurance which is what it showed when i did a paypal check out. When my paypal confirmation email came in however it showed i had also been charged £2.85 tax, nowhere at the checkout stage was this tax mentioned. I have sent them a couple of emails questioning the legality of this. The head office was shown as Beaconsfield but from the auto response to one of my emails it mentions the time difference in Singapore for responding to emails. Buyer beware, i wasn`t aware you could be charged more after checkout using paypal.

i'm always suspicious of any company that sells on Facebook after getting "tricked" on a small purchase (not worth getting into claim back).

If something catches my eye then I check through the sellers website(s) to see if I can find where the owner lives.  Some sites will send you through as many as six sites or more and still have not identified themselves properly.  It is at that point that I stop looking and thinking about buying.