Parkzone Mk. 9 Spitfire. Which retracts.?

Maurice Dyer

I have an unopened one of the above, and have bitten the foamy bullet and will put it together.

I notice wheelspin models (other modelshops are available) have e flite 10/15 size electric retracts which should fit the Spitty. Anybody use/done this, before I commit my hard earned ??. This might seem obvious to lots of people, but I'm virgin foamy modeller.

Cheers

Maurice

The Parkzone Spitfire uses EFlite's EFLG100 retracts, as you describe. They just drop into the mounts, but need different legs than the fixed gear. My experience with them has been very mixed -they are excellent on tarmac, but on even the shortest of grass and even with shims under the rear mounting bolts and battery towards the rear of the battery compartment my original Spitfire invariably noses over on take off. So much so that I never use the retracts these days. The model has hundreds of flights under her belt - hand launched, belly landed -probably less than a dozen ROG flights.

My recently acquired back-up PZ Spitfire IX  is a bit better and I have quite a few successful ROGs from short grass, It's pretty much identical to the original, but I wonder whether the u/c legs are slightly different and put the axle centres just a wee bit further forward. In any case, my default for the back up is to give the ROG a go, if she can't handle it, then hand launch.