censorship

Ernie

Hi all,  I am absolutely stunned,  I have been censored, yes censored....After many many years of contributing to this excellent forum, I have had a post deleted. Of course a degree of censorship is needed, indeed to be encouraged..No dirty stories, No rude words, No political rantings, and no foreign languages. 

But what have I done to annoy, even enrage the RCM&E hierarchy?   

Maybe it was the use of the French word OUI...Its not particularly offensive in either language. It means yes...If you need confirmation ask Paul de Tourbillon, he sounds like he would know.

Or maybe I should'nt have alluded to our politicians not thinking things through. Its not a new concept....Plato, alexandre the Great, Napoleon, and even the great Winston Churchill have all been accused of the same fault.  Does RCM&E now censor concepts that are universally accepted 

• Like 1

Don't worry too much Ernie just keep on posting as usual.  The forum need your input.

I assume it's an automatic deletion because of a foreign word!  But you would expect everyone to know what it means and it's probably in an English dictionary now anyway ( they come up with all sorts of foreign words on Countdown yet allow them as they are actually in an English dictionary! )

Join the club Ernie. Wouldn’t worry too much. What in the political sphere, is politics, and what is obvious truth, is as difficult for the censor I to draw the line as it is for you. Don’t think you enraged anyone. Plato et al, at the risk of putting a Latin phrase on this august forum, did not have moderators. 

Gents the reasons the post got removed is given quite clearly in the thread itself, and we all know we shouldn't be challenging moderator actions on the open forum, so PM please if you need more clarity.

From what I've read the Brexit word got in there, and we know where that topic will lead us, off topic as well.

Comment also invites yous to start a thread about P&P delivery, if you wish.

• Like 1

Thanks for all your support, and explanations. My post is certainly not off topic. It is about the difficulties of obtaining modelling items from the 
UK, due to government's policies.

I do reckon that even the most basic of computers would understand that 'oui' is not exactly subversive, and that 'brexit' is probably now one of the most commonly used words in english

So,  to concentrate on modelling matters, my new little biplane  called Wee Boris, is a homage to a russian bear cub that I once met

ernie

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ernie said:

Thanks for all your support, and explanations. My post is certainly not off topic. It is about the difficulties of obtaining modelling items from the 
UK, due to government's policies.

I do reckon that even the most basic of computers would understand that 'oui' is not exactly subversive, and that 'brexit' is probably now one of the most commonly used words in english

So,  to concentrate on modelling matters, my new little biplane  called Wee Boris, is a homage to a russian bear cub that I once met

ernie

I'd be delighted to make his acquaintance!

This is a little awkward as the code of conduct forbids public discussion of moderators’ decisions but without getting too specific, I believe that it was caught up in a general thread drift with the danger of it degenerating into a political discussion. It was not the only post deleted from the thread. 

If you want further clarification of the reasons behind the deletion of your post, please PM David or me (David isn’t around until much later). 

With the first sentence in mind, I’ll lock this thread for the time being.