CAA Registrations

Cuban8

Andy, I renewed my membership today via the portal, including CAA registration. Very quick and easy, as it was last year. However, I notice in my membership area that the CAA operator ID is my old one, not the GBR-OP..... number I was given later. Do I have to edit this myself? Not a problem if I do, just don't want to mess things up. Apologies if you've covered this elsewhere. 

18 minutes ago, Trevor Crook said:

Andy, I renewed my membership today via the portal, including CAA registration. Very quick and easy, as it was last year. However, I notice in my membership area that the CAA operator ID is my old one, not the GBR-OP..... number I was given later. Do I have to edit this myself? Not a problem if I do, just don't want to mess things up. Apologies if you've covered this elsewhere. 

No, we discovered this issue earlier, have already corrected the issue and your latest Op Id will be back in place at some point tomorrow.

• Like 1

On 01/12/2021 at 19:01, Trevor Crook said:

Trevor 

Correct id should be back again now.

I paid my club membership renewal late this morning and both my club and the BMFA responded very quickly.  Early this evening my new BMFA (electronic) card and associated documentation dropped into my inbox.

One small query if Andy's watching this thread - the Article 16 Authorisation certificate appears to expire at the end of this year. Is a new one due for reissue on or before the 1st of January and will I be able to fly taking advantage of its exemptions on New Years Day and beyond, or have to wait until one is issued and in my possession?

1 hour ago, Martin Harris - Moderator said:

I paid my club membership renewal late this morning and both my club and the BMFA responded very quickly.  Early this evening my new BMFA (electronic) card and associated documentation dropped into my inbox.

One small query if Andy's watching this thread - the Article 16 Authorisation certificate appears to expire at the end of this year. Is a new one due for reissue on or before the 1st of January and will I be able to fly taking advantage of its exemptions on New Years Day and beyond, or have to wait until one is issued and in my possession?

New article 16 authorisation should be issued well before the end of the month.

Edited by Andy Symons - BMFA
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is this a known issue?

I have just renewed my BMFA and CAA membership together on the BMFA site - as I have always done.

The status now shows that my BMFA renewal is in 12 months time but my CAA renewal is in 11 months time.

Why the 1 month month difference - is it genuine or is it just a 'feature/glitch' of the BMFA site?

Cheers,

Nigel

6 hours ago, Nigel Heather said:

I have just renewed my BMFA and CAA membership together on the BMFA site - as I have always done.

The status now shows that my BMFA renewal is in 12 months time but my CAA renewal is in 11 months time.

Why the 1 month month difference - is it genuine or is it just a 'feature/glitch' of the BMFA site?

This will be because BMFA subs can only be paid one month in advance of their normal renewal date, whilst CAA 'fee' can be paid three months in advance.

Therefore, your 2022 BMFA subs will expire at the end of December 2022 but can be paid from 1st December 2022, but your CAA fee will expire around 22nd February 2023 but can be renewed upto 3 months prior to that, ie around 22nd November 2022.

Andy Symons recently kindly included the 3 month window on CAA fee payments to enable most of us to renew both BMFA and CAA at the same time. This is due to the CAA payments being out of step with the Jan. to Dec. BMFA membership year, something which the CAA can't or won't change.

For the majority of us therefore, we will be able to renew our BMFA and CAA each year in a single payment, either directly on the BMFA portal or via our clubs.

Brian.

• Like 1

One of our members had originally done his own CAA Operator ID but wished to now combine it with his BMFA renewal, I asked the BMFA and they said no problem just add it to the renewal and we'll contact him for info on his current CAA. Did this and member immediately got an e-mail requesting the details, all very smooth, thanks BMFA ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...