Radio Control Scale Aircraft magazines

AlanW

Radio Control Scale Aircraft magazine. Fifty-nine issues from the inaugural quarterly (Summer 1985) to August/September 1996. These are well-thumbed and yellowing with age but the content is still as interesting and useful to any scale modeller now as ever. Techniques and tips from some of the era’s well-known scale modellers on construction, detailing etc. Plus many other interesting articles about models and full-size aircraft.

All issues except June/July 1993, October/November 1994 and April/May 1996 include a pull-out plan (see list). The Westland Wizard plan sheet 2 had to be sent for by post and I obviously didn’t bother because the sheet is missing. However, sheet 2 carried the wing, tail, fin and rudder drawings, which shouldn’t pose much of a challenge to draw up from the scale 3-view also printed in the magazine.

Because some articles spread over more than one issue, it is preferable to sell as one lot rather than individual copies. £75 plus carriage (£15 by DPD) ono. That’s only around £1.50 per copy.

In a way I am suprised that these were not snapped up immediately!   But to fork out 75 quid for s'h mags may put people off.  I would suggest offering them in 1 year bundles if nobody wants the lot.   It won't be me because I already have almost all of them - it's probably David Boddingtons's best work so very well worth having them.    I won't part with my copies!   The very best reading and extremely good plans too.

I see that Magazine Exchange has almost none of these copies for sale today- up to recently they had many for sale, which suggests they are becoming rare!   They might be a buyer of the lot perhaps......

Edited by kc
  • Like 1

Thanks KC for your suggestion and endorsement of their value as a good read. I once had high hopes of building scale models but earning a crust prevented me from becoming even a competent radio flyer. I'm too long in the tooth now so they have to go.

For anyone remotely interested, the plans featured range from .049 sizes up to .60cu and include quite a few by David Boddington. I can supply a plan list on request.

I advertised at the price shown because I hoped they would find an appreciative home. To put the asking price into perspective, the current price of the Westland Wizard plan (RSQ 1708) is £12.50.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Alan, I'm interesting in complete my collection. I've only 15 numbers: from april/may 1994 to June/Juy 1996, and October/November 1996.

Could you please give me a quotation for the number I don't have?

Kind Regards

Giuseppe Nuccio

Please message me.

Giuseppe,   this was over a year ago - perhaps Alan will reply but it would be better to send him a Personal Message ( click on his name and see the Message item at bottom left )

And you would do well to have all contact via this message system rather than putting your phone number for all the scammers to see.  I see that the  Moderator has removed your phone number for security reasons!

You can still buy some individual issue of this magazine and many others from 'Magazine Exchange'   but note that some say without plans.    You could get your missing August September 1996 issue there today if you want.   ( 2 copies available but only 1 with plan )

My view is that the earlier issues were better than later issues and I wouldn't bother buying the 1997 and later copies unless I needed a complete set.    The early issues are well worth buying if you can find them.

Edited by kc
  • Like 1