Zap Canopy glue,,

Paul De Tourtoulon

Hi to all in this wintery season,,

I have a seagull Skyraider with a rubbish 20cc RCGF petrol engine in it, the vibrations from this motor is continuing to self destruct the plane this time the cockpit floor with its pilot are flapping around as well an a rocket that fell off on the runway,, before I put my Enya 120 4 stroke in it I need to reinforce the cockpit floor there is no access to it from the inside so I will have to take the cockpit off, I glued it with Zap canopy glue, so last night I hung a wet floor cloth over the cockpit hoping that it would soften the glue, but not much luck yet, so what do I try next, Ammoniac ?,,

any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks Paul

Ps 26€ + post 9.50€ and all over here are 'out of stock' and nothing more to do,,,,,

I have been experimenting with UV cure adhesives for canopy glue and it works pretty well.

It allows one to position the canopy before the UV torch is shined onto the canopy for 15 seconds to fix it in place.

Also fuel proof.

I use my fly fishing UV resin but cheaper alternatives appear to be available online although I have not tested them.

Remember, the UV light must be able to reach the resin so only good for visible joints ?

Hello Paul. You could try to sort the vibrating RCGF engine. If the crankshaft is twisted it will cause excessive vibration . This can often show as a slight tight  spot when turning over with the plug removed. Spinning the crank in a lathe between centers will quickly determine if its twisted or bent. If twisted a few timely taps with a copper hammer should realign it. I had a zenoha 45 that vibrated a lot  caused by a hard prop strike when landing so owner sold it to me cheap. 

Good luck with unsticking the canopy.

Thanks but all my Rcgf engines are rubbish clones, one of the 20cc ones I tried balancing the crankshaft, I got rid of a lot of the vibrations which broke the gears on my two Hitec 645mg aileron servos in 3 flights,  but still nowhere near as good as my Dle engines.

Sitting doing nothing, so out came an old plastic phone card and 5 minutes later I managed to prise it off, my 20 + years experience de-moulding boats and other fibreglass mouldings came in handy, so job done thanks.