Mind your language!

Just a quick reminder about the forum rules. 

This forum is intended to be a friendly place for people of all ages and sensibilities to discuss modelling and related topics.  Despite many of us being fairly broad minded and in touch with modern attitudes to language which would have been unacceptable in polite company not so long ago, we do ask users to use a little thought when trying to emphasise points. This isn’t prudery - just avoidance of the thin end of the wedge and a simple unequivocal guideline. 

Bringing me to the main reason I’m posting, using wildcard characters (*!@x etc.) to disguise words is unacceptable - if the words aren’t suitable to be typed in the open, they are no more acceptable if disguised - and as mods aren’t (always) mind readers, this means not disguising ANY words. A few seconds thought should enable anyone to find a substitute for a word or phrase that you might not use to your maiden aunt or child!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Comment unrelated to the use of wildcard characters deleted. 

The forum is not the place to debate moderators’ previous decisions and attempting to do so is a serious breach of the code of conduct. This post came very close to that line. 

Hopefully the point has been made and there will be fewer occurrences so I’ve locked the thread. 

• Confused 1