OS Fourstroke question.

David Davis

9 minutes ago, Martin Harris - Moderator said:

Perhaps you’re thinking of the Thunder Tiger 54 FS?

That's what I used in La Coupe Des Barons last year.

The reason I asked the question is that for the 2021 Coupe Des Barons the maximum size fourstroke engine permissible was a 56, the smallest new OS fourstroke then produced. This year they seem to have gone back to a 52 which makes my Thunder Tiger ineligible.

No matter I have at least two OS FS 52s, a Magnum 52 and two OS 48 Surpasses. Perhaps I should build a Lancaster! ? 

Bertie 2021 (3).JPG

Edited by David Davis

41 minutes ago, Paul De Tourtoulon said:

Pylon racing ?

So not like the original coupe de Barons, spot landing, limbo, bursting balloons and breaking sticks, .

Have you seen DD's excellent video of last year's event? It has all of the above, plus racing and apparently, freestyle random crashing!

Anyway, I'm enjoying you and DD talking up here. I may start a side-hustle taking bets!

?

2 hours ago, Nigel R said:

The 56-a has a lot of go for its size. Perhaps it was deemed 'unfair advantage'?

I actually won the fourstroke class last year with a Thunder Tiger 54.

52 minutes ago, Paul De Tourtoulon said:

Pylon racing ?

So not like the original coupe de Barons, spot landing, limbo, bursting balloons and breaking sticks, .

The flying rounds are as follows: caisse baguettes, breaking one-metre high balsawood sticks stuck into the ground; a pylon race; chasse renard in which a trainer slowly pulls a crepe paper streamer around and you have to cut it with your propeller and the dreaded limbo. The 2017 video is the best in my opinion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwWg0Ad5cKs&t=839s

I believe that Paul has an HP VT fourstroke in his model. You won't win the event with any fourstroke. The engine of choice is the OS 35 AX but many of the electric powered Barons are very fast too.

PS. I am not going to compete with a twostroke or an electric motor because I have established a reputation as a fourstroke devoté besides since 2019 I have given a prize to the leading fourstroke pilot, a big box of balsawood!

Edited by David Davis

• 4 weeks later...

I was trained by a Frenchman with a star, after my mum got me a Saturday job in his restaurant. She was a fine cook.
And he had a first plate, (starter), chicken sausage with marmalade d’orange amére.

That’s chicken sausage grilled with Saville orange marmalade, and then braised, with a fancy salad, nuts and bits.