Miles Magister from Dave Platt plan

Pretty sure that is what I got, I have ordered some more as I may be a little short. Was expecting it's arrival today but it has not got here yet.

I don't think it is HK stuff as the glue is definitely different.

Off the roll it is slightly translucent but once on balsa or double thickness over open structures it looks pretty solid. It can be seen through with a very bright light.

I may just have hit a hurdle.

Royal Mail seem to have lost a parcel containing more of the silver film I need to complete covering this machine.

Allegedly delivered on the 4th April and signed for by neither me or my wife but by a casual RM worker it seems.

Complaint has been launched but I don't expect too much from that but I will give it its 72hrs.

The gentleman at RapidRC was great on the phone but his hands are tied and he has no more of this film in stock.

He could only offer a refund but to be quite honest I would rather have the film.

I will wait for RM to come to a conclusion before I follow up on the refund as I don't want to take money away from his business.

I am going to measure what I have left but I suspect that the anticipated maiden over the long weekend is now off. Not happy at all.?

Crossing my fingers has not helped.

Covering has once again not turned up courtesy of RM, special delivery should have been here by 13.00 today - nothing!

So no chance what so ever of this machine being maidened this weekend.

Wings are now fully covered90837260_WhatsAppImage2022-04-14at4_45_38PM.thumb.jpeg.a8f8827a19f361bcc5c8ee12a69ec72b.jpeg

Edited by Andy Gates

That means I will have to build some more planes Trevor, such strife eh?

Hopefully got some plans coming for Chris Foss's CentiPhase and Hi-Phase.

I still have Ivan's Lancaster to do too, so much to do in so little time.

Finish the Magister first of course, could really do without the hold up.

Special delivery turned up today while I was out flying so at least I have sufficient film to finish covering the Magister.

With 2 days of training on the cards, it means there will be little time to get much done over the long weekend.

Next week I am going to be very busy so hopefully it will be ready for maiden next weekend.