Plastic models, anyone on the forum building?

martin collins 1

1 minute ago, Martin Harris - Moderator said:

Not seen the TV ad then?

I don't waste my time with a TV so no. This is all well off topic and I don't understand why we are being told about Rich's location, electricity and the rest. Why can't he just stick to the topic? He does seem to be annoying members.

Interestingly meteor main undercarriages did from time to time "go thru the wings" on a heavy landing" and they were sprung.

Later testing with " drop tests" confined the reinforcement. That is, they dropped the whole aircraft.

The book does not say from what hieght but does mention the all up weight.

So Perhaps the undercarriage ( retractable ? ) On the gentleman's flying model needs to be sprung ?

If it's a retractable undercarriage perhaps that should be modelled as per the real thing ?

If the Chap with the plastic model ( very nice by the way ) could confirm the "arrangement" as double sided trailing arms, that may help.

Or just Google it as has been suggested.

Edited by Rich Griff

8 hours ago, Rich Griff said:

If it's a retractable undercarriage perhaps that should be modelled as per the real thing ?

It is retractable but having googled the model and the full size I think it would be difficult and possibly impossible to model the full size on this foam ARTF aeroplane. 

See the source image

What do you think?