Nice winter flying

Maidened a MPX Heron in the lovely calm high pressure air today. No lift but ideal for sorting the flap/crow mixes which need a good amount of down elevator. Was all going swimmingly until the final approach which ended in a rather large oak tree. Luckily it was climbable and after a bit of judicious pruning I was back on terra-firmer, less terror and more firmer. Minimal damage; control horns came unglued which possibly saved servos, and one tip cleanly broken off so easily fixed. The various dents steamed out quite nicely using a kettle - be cautious doing this as too much steam raises the foam into unsighly bumps.

IMG_20220112_133701636_HDR.jpg

received_645752966766040.jpg

That looks pretty high up to me.  Glad you got it back OK without injury. 

It was certainly a nice day today. Avice and I had a lovely walk in the morning and I noticed that there were no sheep in the field I occasionally fly from so I may venture out tomorrow.  It's the cold hands that get me though despite heated mitts which don't seem to keep fingers warm. 

First flights of 2022 at a very cold club field, but marvellous smooth air with almost no wind, blue skies and bright sunshine. Flew my Aerowatt, Parkzone FW190A and E-Flite P-51D. Rusty thumbs, but made up with the best three pointer I've had with the Mustang and also with an improvement in top speed with my venerable PZ Spitfire IX, using the slightly larger E300 prop.

Lots of nice models flying and a really good turn out -socially distanced of course. It was good to catch up with the lads. I did have my camera, but was enjoying the flying too much to use it, apart from capturing some snaps of my pal Derek's Ripmax Bf109E, which flew superbly -mine is still waiting for a maiden flight.

455720695_DRRipmaxBf109e-1.thumb.jpg.08fec6a7b916dfc1b41b0c584a65b5c3.jpg

1105957075_DRRipmaxBf109e-2.thumb.jpg.f623b81b9c12e077563f23b92afa08b1.jpg

1048106256_DRRipmaxBf109e-10.thumb.jpg.92dd2c2f85444108602da250e031da33.jpg

1538752087_DRRipmaxBf109e-13.thumb.jpg.4628642676c6660717fca24fc0834662.jpg

• Like 2

Got the field for the first time in over 13 months yesterday, only me there very cold and very wet ground too. I took two planes, one the engine refused to run evenly or at full revs, I did manage to get two 20 minute flights with my Bi-stormer but on landing the second time I discovered that we had a camouflaged arrestor system in place for overshooting disguised as a small bush which ripped off the u/c.

Repaired today the bi-stormer and replaced the "O" ring to the carb on the extreme so should be good next time.

IMG_20220115_123036.thumb.jpg.815416d76feb530e26be865349cf71bf.jpg

Regards

Robert

• Like 2

Another super winter morning's flying today at the local site, very light wind, cold sunny, massive blue skies. A bit soggy underfoot, but the grass is still short enough for landing and take offs if you select the right models. Just a couple of hours at the patch before lunch, which was just about right -great to have a wee catch up with my clubmates and didn't break anything all weekend, which is a good result. ?

• Like 4

You had to go to the flying field to be able to "go", you held it in for how long ??

Anyways, glad you had a good day, better than mine, car locks and unlocks it self, even deadlocks it's self and refused to start, joy of joys.....

Suspect fault in door lock/door loom, and possibly the tank fuel pump has died, sounded rough yesterday but ran, left running whilst I had a pannad, came back to it and it had stopped, refuses to work now.

Tomorrow s bag of sweets....