Delivery time from the EU

Ok, my stuff, some Lipos and Nimhs, arrived at lunchtime today ?  so just over 2 weeks. Came with a customs declaration and associated invoices which showed 0% VAT, but my online invoice from HK includes 20% tax, so I can only assume that the EU Warehouse has registered for UK VAT so goods are delivered with no additional charges, ?

My last order came within a week, I was surprised, and no extra charges.

Just placed another order and this time tracking was included, tracking was not available before, and there are more delivery options.

I think prices have gone up again ☹️ by £2 a roll for covering film. Is that the VAT I wonder. Who Knows who cares not me.  

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys
glad to hear someone is getting stuff from the EU warehouse. Afraid I can't say the same.
Placed an order on 2nd Feb for some rolls of covering. As of today 18th Mar still showing 'processing'.
Had 4 live chats so far, and they all say the same thing. They are waiting for an EORI number, whatever that may be. Any ideas?
Can't see it taking 1 1/2 months to sort out a bureaucratic issue.
Even had the cheek to suggest I could order from Global. Out of the 4 colours I ordered, Global only has one in stock, and the shipping cost for a £10.79 item would be £22 57.
After closing the UK warehouse, I can't now even get stuff from the EU warehouse.
Have they given up on the UK market altogether?
Jeff

• Thanks 1

I'm in exactly the same boat Jeffrey, ordered some bits on 1st Feb, to use up the store credit for my last order from the UK warehouse that never came. They haven't mentioned an EORI number, they just keep saying they are investigating, while it's crystal clear that then never sent my order and know full well that they had not sent it.

I get all my orders, in 48 hours. Day one to a depot in Northern France, overnight to my local depot, and it arrives at about 11am at my door. Local driver is a smiling tough looking lady, who would produce props and hookers (that’s sons).
No paperwork, customs, or other problems. That is what a customs union does. I live in France. 

HobbyKing will be struggling to adapt to the UK leaving that union. Chuck in Covid putting strains on services like getting sense out of customs people, as well as getting stock, perfect storm. Last time I looked, value of goods shifting across the border between UK and EU was down by a quarter.
Use a UK supplier. 

Having been down the same road, its back to the surviving UK retailers. Just had a long chat with Inwoods, and purchased Lipos, radio gear etc. etc. Thank goodness some of the UK shops have weathered the storm and I hope they prosper. Biggest problem for them is getting stock as we all know!. Bangood and CNHL are great, but take an average of a month to get here.

6 hours ago, Trevor said:

See here. 

It is possible that it is UK bureaucracy that's behind the delay, but many other suppliers seem to have the system cracked.

Hi Trevor, thanks for that.

Did have a look at that page and also some others Google suggested. Conclusions from those are that this number is not related to vat, more something customs would want to see at the border.

Also, getting this number is only a matter of filling out a simple form on line. Not clear whether there is only one number for a supplier, or if one is needed for each order, but either way, if HK had the will to supply to the UK, nothing is insurmountable.

Out of interest, on HK website there are no purchase option for their entire range of LiPo batteries except Global. Seems like even customers in the EU can't get LiPo's from their own warehouse.

Distinct impression that something is going on in the background that we are not party to.

Ho Hum

Jeff

Hi Frank, It's a lottery. You just can't be sure. I've known it take a couple of days, I've known it take a long month. There is more paperwork involved than there was for all the brexit negotations,

and of course one has to be computer literate. Our post office has a laptop operated by a charming madame who helps the ancient french grannies to send frogs legs to their UK cousins 

ernie

• Like 1