GEPRC Tinygo 4k Recording

I was given one of the above as a Christmas present and it arrived a couple of weeks back.

Everything started well with all the parts talking to each other and I spent some time flying the drone without the goggles to get used to the controls.

Moving on to FPV I have hit a snag.  The low resolution from the goggles records on to the goggle's memory card but although I have tried everything I can't get the drone to record on to the onboard card. The cards are both 64GB class 10 U3 which is what the manufacture's recommend.

I have looked on line and on you tube and still can't find a clear answer.  One video claimed there was a button on the drone too start recording another said the drone starts recording when it starts up.

I have formatted the cards and used another card which definitely works as it records video from an internal security camera.  

The drone card goes in with the terminals facing upwards and appears to click into place and spring out as normal.

Any suggestions - I am probably missing something straightforward but this is my first FPV setup.

Note.  Can't find decent instructions anywhere, including manufacturer's site.  Similarly, asked questions via their support link - replies don't address issue!

As no one has replied I will have a go. I do not have the quad in question but I have experience of other whoops .Looking at the information and videos on you tube, there are two ways to record a flight 

1 - using a card in the quad, this type normally starts automatically

2 - Using the goggles. 

The  issue could be the format of the card. You might have to format it in the goggles. I had a set of googles that would only work if the card was formatted in the googles. 

I have looked around the internet and there is not much about this package.

JM

I can't help directly with your problem, but I suggest you ask on the multi-rotor forum.

https://www.multi-rotor.co.uk/index.php?board=37.0

There is not actually a lot of activity on that forum recently, but if you care to start a new thread with you question there are some very knowledgeable people there who may be able to help.

They have certainly helped me in the past with the odd problem.

Dick

Thanks for the advice guys.  The issue seems to have been the new memory card which despite being Class10 U3, pro card etc wasn't recognised as such by the drone, albeit it works in an internal security camera.  I then tried the card from my dashcam and hey presto my 4k drone recording appeared on the card. 

Going to try formatting the other card on the dashcam to see if that makes any difference.  Weird ...................

Neil