6 Nations Rugby Union 2022.

john stones 1 - Moderator

12 hours ago, john stones 1 - Moderator said:

Starts Saturday, be tough on the kickers with these winds.

C'mon the Whites. ?

Totally agree with sentence 1.

Disagree with sentence 2 ...... Wales, Wales, Wales ?

Looking forward to some good rugby, with the ball spending less time in the air than it often does. 

Cruel game, rugby. Arr well. 
Young side, might be tuning their brain cell.

I'm not sure it’s the coaches fault. Tight corner, ball and foe coming in.

Catch, hit it forward inside, hit it forward into touch, just smother it a bit. No good option, but he picked one that made the ref make a decision. Match changing decision. 7 points, yellow card.

Up to that point, the worst is 7 points. 
I would say, Jones has not had him long enough to effect that sort of thinking. Assuming the player is capable of better, than the thought, the camera won’t spot what I’ve done.

But, all in all, defeat snatched from the jaws of victory. 

One very disappointingly one-sided game - Wales were appalling so hard to tell how good Ireland were; one very gripping game - I thought it was nice to have an ex-refs perspective as part of the commentary.

Sad that we'll not have Brian Moore's comments in the men's 6N anymore.  As he himself signed off ... "thank you".

So far, a good start to the competition.  Looking forward to some French flair later today - hope Italy put up a fight so the French have to play properly.

5 hours ago, Don Fry said:

I reckon, Italy need to stuff the French lads with a good lasagne, a sweet chestnut pastry to follow, and then distract then with a horde of long Italian ladies dressed in the odd wisp of silk.

Might keep the margin down.

A picture of the wispy clad ladies might be nice.

Not sure John. France might be as good as advertised, and they just happened to have a ref that spotted their lack of discipline. Or he was a bog standard ref, and they wanted the job done now, no hard yards.

Italy didn’t give up. 
Next week. 
Anyway, this years mango chutney is in the pots. Aggressive  stuff. Time will tell after a fester in the pot.

The Irish have secured their game style and will be tough opponents.

Wales looked out of sorts and slow to adopt to the Irish pattern of play.

The England Scotland match was a treat to watch and despite any pathetic excuses that maybe offered about loss of players and the removal of SMITH Scotland just wanted it more. (I am an England supporter by the way) At this level the replacement player should be as good as the exiting player. Its easy to criticise the Coach when you dont have the responsibility.

The French Italy game. It is great to see Italy coming along, and they are. I think the score didnt reflect the game, and the way the Italians made a vast contribution to  the game which  I and my partner thoroughly enjoyed.

Here we go, genetically Welsh for at least 4 generation, but born in England, played my Rugby in England, more to the point. Remember the humiliations at the 

old Arms Park, hate Scotland for the drubbing we got last week, so not bitter, don’t care who wins.

Feel better for that.