Storm Eunice severely damages Vampire gate guardian

leccyflyer

In fairness, would you rebuild that. 
Oil soaked and rotten. Early Cold War warrior. 

If you spend money there, you get a morale problem. Every time a someone told to cut costs goes past a rebuild, a nasty rebellious though enters head. 

That is everyone. Start of every day. 

It's going to need a bumper sized bin liner for that one!  But seriously, my first thought was why the bracket mounting had failed - lucky it didn't have nastier consequences.

I notice that the report stated that the aircraft had detached from the stand but looking at the wing and impact damage at the root, I'd put good money on the poor old Venom being firmly attached at the moment of impact!

Perhaps it could be taken to Buckminster, along with a big bottle of cyano. Each visitor could glue a bit back on… It looks like some woodworm killer or wet rot treatment might be desirable too.

It looks like one of the ex-Swiss Air Force Venoms, with the pointed nose.

It’s a shame to see how it has ended up but with wind gusts last Friday in excess of the plane’s minimum flying speed I suppose it just wanted one last flight.

It looks like a new housing development is going up behind it, I don’t suppose it would have lasted long in front of new houses anyway. It saves the developers having to justify its removal to any complainants now. Interestingly the development is named ‘Wellington Gate’.

Brian.