Help with model identification

Hi guys

Picked up this model at the Horam Swapmeet.
Wonder if anyone can help me identify it.
Google search reveals Volantex do (did) a Sbach 342, but that is listed as 1.1 Mtr, where mine is 1.4 Mtr.
It has wings which slide on from each side and then bolt in place. There is a 3/8 ply spar extending about 2/3 span.
Also the rudder is operated by closed loop, but using wire rods instead of cables.
Neither the motor or the esc have any markings on them. It came with a 14 x 7E prop and the recommendation to use 4s.
Any of this ring any bells?
Thanks
Jeff

DSCN0001.JPG

DSCN0002#1.JPG

DSCN0003.JPG

I have one of those Sbach and I like it a lot  , 

The only problem I have encountered is   the cockpit cover has removed itself twice now during very violent manouvers !! and the "hinges" the as is foamy ones , fail and so its now go proper ones ! 

Weird how the horizontal tail is all discoloured given it is an electric model. It must have been stored with the fuselage and wing covered but the tail stuck out in the sunlight being discoloured by the UV!

Edited by MattyB

Hi Guys, thanks for your thoughts.

Kevin

Not sure my esc follows the normal rules. Powered it up with throttle high and all I got was a series of slow beeps, not the musical tones I expected.

Mind you, doesn't really matter. The fitted esc has no markings so no idea of current capacity or bec, so I'm replacing it with a Hobbywing one I have lying around. Rather have something I can rely on.

Stuphedd

Re: hinges Mine has pin hinges, rather than foam ones. Look like original, and the RCG thread does mention these as being rather weak, but mine seem ok so far. Judgement reserved till after flight.

MattyB

Yes, that is odd. Added to that is that the leading edge of the tailplane has a series of dents in it, either through landing in tall grass or being hung up by its tail from a wall or something.

Either way, not going to worry about it. 50' up no one will notice. Given I only paid £40 for it, can't expect miracles.

Now a question I can't answer.

The motor has a bolt-on prop driver, but this has a collet taper machined  in, which I've never seen before.

OK, so far, but the position of the cowl means the spinner backplate needs to go on this taper, so neither the prop or the collet is properly centralised.

Managed to centralise the prop, using a plastic ring from an APC prop, but can't see a way to get the spinner ring to run true. Going to run without spinner atm, while I (or probably you guys) figure this one out.

So far, so ho hum. We'll see

Thanks

Jeff

1488733145_DSCN00011.thumb.JPG.ef28bdce7cd973accc4d3edf55e60c0d.JPG

DSCN0007#1.JPG

Hi Stuphedd, could use some help.
Work proceeding well on my Sbach. Pretty much standard stuff except one thing I can't get my head around.
The wings are held on by 4mm bolts through holes in the wing roots. Trouble is the holes in the roots are 7mm diameter.
Can't help thinking there should be some form of insert in these holes to reduce the diameter, but not sure.
Did yours have anything?
Thanks
Jeff