Fuel suppliers…

Hi,

I predominantly fly electric now but still have a couple of glow engines models I use. I’m struggling to find a local supplier of fuel as my ‘local’ model shop shut down recently. (I say it was local, it was 30 miles away but that’s a different thread!) I’m after a way of buying the odd gallon here and there, but  the few places that will ship it understandably want to sell it in at least 4 gallons or half gallons. Fair enough. I’m asking around my club mates to see if anyone wants to buy a gallon but so far take up gas been low (read zero!). How are other people getting around this? I’m not keen on getting stuck with four gallons of 25% glow fuel…. 
I suppose the other option is leap in the car and drive to the nearest, but that’s a round trip in excess of 100 miles - almost £30 in todays unleaded costs! 

I buy my fuel on line these days and most of the major shops with good websites will supply exactly what you need in terms of quantity, but will obviously charge for courier delivery. I buy a couple of gallons at a time and next day or 48 hr delivery has been a tenner. I reckon that's a good deal for not driving scores of miles to get the stuff myself and instead having it delivered right to my doorstep. Even a better option with petrol and diesel being what it is now. Plenty of suppliers to choose from, but last time I used Leeds model shop. Wheelspin look to have good stocks at the moment and delivery for £9.95.

Edited by Cuban8

If it's of any interest, when I retired to France in 2015 I bought 20 gallons of fuel from Southern Modelcraft. 10 gallons of straight and 10 gallons of 10%. I mixed a gallon of straight with a gallon of 10% to give a 5% nitro mix to suit my Lasers but found that my OS and OS clone four-strokes would not run satisfactorily on either straight or 5% so when I had exhausted my stocks of 10%, I added some nitro bought from my club and they now run well.

My point is that I still have seven gallons of perfectly usable straight fuel in my garage after nearly seven years.

I would not hesitate to by four gallons of fuel if supplies were running low.