Max Thrust Aggressor, help needed.

Bought myself a second hand Max Thrust Aggressor Sport, and I could use some help.
Obviously, no manual, but most of it is straightforward.
There is a long thread on RCG, but as normal impossible to find the info I need. It suggests a c/g of 50-60mm back from the le, which looks about right on the model, so if someone could confirm, and also suggest a starting point for control throws.
Main issue for me is battery positioning. I'm using a 2200 3s and RCG suggest this goes right forward against the firewall to get the correct c/g. Trouble is the battery bay is too narrow to get it so far forward and also the battery retaining strap is right at the back of the bay, so with the battery fully forward it misses the strap altogether.
So, any thoughts?
Thanks
Jeff

The manual suggests the CG as 50 - 60mm back from the LE but I found that a bit too far back and "floaty" in windy weather and now fly at about 45mm back. I find that suits my faster more aerobatic requirements for the model and is better in higher winds.

I started with a 3s 2600 battery which needed to be well back to get the 50 -60mm CG, but I have now moved to a 4s 2200 which sits right up to the narrower bit at the front and gives me the 45mm CG. I would have thought that a 3s 2200 would have slid further in to the narrow bit, but I have not tried that and, as you say, the battery retaining strap is a bit far back.

There are no suggested throws in the manual, but I can measure the ones I am using tomorrow if it helps. It doesn't seem too critical to me.

Dick

Just measured the throws I have been flying with:-

Aileron:- 10mm up and 7mm down

Elevator:- 10mm each way

Rudder:- 20mm each way

Now that I have had a look at it again I see  can get the 4s 2200 battery right up to the firewall and still manage to use the battery strap, but perhaps your 3s 2200 is a different shape to my battery.

Dick

Aggressor battery install.JPG

Hi Dick.

Thanks for that, very helpful.

My LiPo's are mostly Turnigy, but since HK seem reluctant to supply to UK at the moment, guess I'll have to find another source.

That looks like a 4-Max battery in there. They only list a 4s 2200 at 60c on their site. Hope that's the same size as the one you have used.

Have to say that battery strap still looks a bit too far back. Might have to invent something better, we'll see.

Anyway, given me a direction, still work in progress.

Cheers

Jeff

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi. Following a rather heavy landing in too much wind the wire push rod between servo and elevator has become detached from the elevator assembly in the tail. I've removed the two plastic covers that hold the bearing through which the carbon rod runs but can't get to the connector at the bottom of the link to reattach the control wire. Any ideas as to how I might do would be appreciated. Thanks,  David.