Circle Dancer (F3L and F5-RES) Build Thread

Andy Sephton 1

It's about time I got around to building these, the two kits I got for Christmas off my lovely wife.  Both are the same, the kits include parts for a bungee launched glider and an electric conversion.

The kit is packaged in a plastic bag.  The plan was included folded so I removed it on arrival and rolled it to try to remove the creases.  Otherwise the kit shown is untouched.  The instruction sheet was downloaded off the net:

IMG_8495.jpeg.020aefdf1c48c759d86a83061893bb6e.jpeg

The kit is sorted into separate packages of wing, tail group, fuselage parts (three packs) and an electric conversion pack:

IMG_8496.jpeg.b689f6894280d25eb7c765d12af0c6c8.jpeg

I'm starting with the fuselage, so here's the main parts unpacked and identified on the plan.  The electric pack is at the bottom of the picture:

IMG_8498.jpeg.0b75516616d55223f837b235056b2543.jpeg

Edited by Andy Sephton 1
spelling
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I built one last year. The fuselage went together very easily but I had more difficulty with the wings. The wing components are very light and the structure fragile until complete. I lost count of the number of times I broke the main spar centre web, it's vertical grain and it's very soft. When the spar is assembled it's quite strong but until then you have to handle everything with kid gloves. I also added extra fillets between the ribs and the trailing edges, the gluing area is very small and they kept parting company. On a positive note, the way the spoiler is actuated is simplicity itself.