BMFA 100th anniversary world record attempt

9 hours ago, john stones 1 - Moderator said:

Yep, 1393 new members in 2022, so far, not too shabby is that, for a hobby on it's death bed. ?

Good news indeed, although it rather depends on total membership numbers which have been in decline over the last few years. Good luck to everyone today.

'Fresh' SE here on east yorks coast. 9 rc and 4 ff flown successfully. Bit like wacky races though... One foamy upside down just off runway (missed landing), 2 (rc!) landed out in adjacent field, one lost a wheel on take off so landed out in long grass without damage.  Here we are lined up for take off...

IMG-20220515-WA0004.thumb.jpg.b79e49cc82ab1aa6412935845805ae53.jpg

• Like 1

17 flew, about half r/c, the others chuckies launched at one second before noon. We had clear skies at 11:30am but as we lined up for action the rain returned. Thinks “Was it wise to pick a foamie flying wing with the ESC stuck outside on the top?” R/c flyers took off/launched at five to twelve and, as the rain rapidly got heavier, we all felt that that was the longest 5min flight we’d ever had. All landed safely.

it did feel very British!

Trevor

• Like 2

At Epsom Downs we had in the region of 20 flyers (I don't have the list,  our chairman does!)

Whilst yesterday's weather would have been great to have had today,  it could have been a lot worse!  The blustery wind we'd had earlier in the morning died away and whilst it's rained on and off for much of the day, either it stopped around noon or we simply didn't notice it!  We had more FF than RC,  but I think there were about 8 RC models flying - I was too busy avoiding them to count them!  Co-ordination of the RC takeoffs and landings all seemed to work remarkably well.

• Like 1

Had a really good attempt and weather was acceptable. 12 fliers flying a mix of RC power, glider FF and I managed one circuit with my ornithopter! We fly from an active airfield so thanks to the club for allowing us 30 mins to fly. No accidents and no black bags needed ? 

Just got to tot up the results now and report later in the week.

Simon 

2022 05 15_1403.JPG

• Like 4

Absolutely brilliant family day out! Not sure of the numbers yet but 14 R/C and goodness knows how many chuckles. No damage which was a result. I carried out 9 'have a try' sessions with the Rascal 110 all extremely well received.

• Like 2

Well I was expecting this forum to be buzzing with comments from flyers up and down the country on how they got on. My local club Concordmfc Darenth took part and everybody had a great time. I believe we had 16 in the air as the clock struck 12. With trouble free take offs and landings, everybody taking part had the biggest grins I’ve seen in ages. A serious record attempt it was but fun was the biggest winner today. How did your club get on ?

Kell

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simon Vaitkevicius 1 said:

Had a really good attempt and weather was acceptable. 12 fliers flying a mix of RC power, glider FF and I managed one circuit with my ornithopter! We fly from an active airfield so thanks to the club for allowing us 30 mins to fly. No accidents and no black bags needed ? 

Just got to tot up the results now and report later in the week.

Simon 

2022 05 15_1403.JPG

Well done lads, sorry i couldn`t have been there to join in the fun..............M

• Like 1