RCM&E has new owners….

• 4 months later...

Well my November RCM&E just arrived included in it was an advert paper just put in the mag loose.

1 I will never do business with people who send out unsolicited materials

2 I have to throw the ad into my ever bigger pile of unsolicited waste in the bin

3 The Ad was for "Pure Cremation" "say goodbye your way and protect your loved ones from the stress and expense"!

I guess the new owners don't expect that us RCM&E flyers will last long!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Haha 1

I don't mind this type of unsolicited mail.

It creates jobs and gives the postperson some exercise.

It also helps to prove that I am helping the planet by recycling.

I don't read it, but occasionally I open the sealed ones in case there is anything of any use in there (mostly not).

They seem to have stopped sending free pens and pencils.

With regards to what's in the magazine packaging, I am all in favour if it is going to help keep down the price !

You could always turn it into a paper dart.

😁

It would be preferable though if they would use paper envelopes, rather than the plastic (non-recyclable) bags.

3 minutes ago, Robert Cracknell said:

Does anyone know if the supply of RCM&E to the shelves of newsagents has dried up as I haven't seen a copy for ages...?

If that has happened in your local newsagents it is more likely because the circulation is down and they don't think it is worth stocking than a true lack of supply. I know they seem to have very few copies now in my local WHSmith's, and that is the only place I know that stocks it at all round here. Model magazines (with the exception of model railways) don't seem to be big sellers these days...

Hi all, It seems to me that the whole caboodle is on ever more shaky ground.

Issues are delivered to France weeks later than they used to.  One didn't arrive at all, they did send a replacement, but the wrong one. Then another replacement, but another wrong one

Subscriptions have become ever more complicated, and why did the wonderful Alex have to fall off his perch?

I truly fear that the days of RCM&E are numbered, unless the management show a wee bit of commitment, and get their act together

ernie

and now I'm told that the email that I've been using for about a million years is being used by another member

Yep, the advert for Cremations" does indicate the age demographic, most graphically.

Last week I went to a Model Boat Exhibition. Firstly I do like boats and secondly I needed some Balsa and Spruce. Well, I thought we Aeromodellers were pretty old, boat people I suspect are much older. Or it could be even less fit than us, the rooms was full of the sound of "Zimmer frames clunking along, the whirl of electric motors on buggies (the type for physically challenged).  I came to the conclusion that the long term is one where modelling in general is a niche pastime.

The new publisher and editor are or have changed the format and presentation of the content. Builds, as are event coverage, are more chatty, less of, this is how you do this, in a step by step format. I wish them well.

I envisage a future where the present young, reminisce of the days when everyone had a "X-Box, PlayStation or maybe a Nintendo, as the youth of the day have no interest in Video games, they are all engaged in Holographic something or other. Society has come a long way from the family engaged in Parlour music, huddled around a valve radio, later a tiny TV screen.  

I am not sure than in another twenty years that reading a mag, or even reading. will be  a skill that the average person will need. I cannot but notice that phones now respond to voice instructions, as prefferably my car seems to, although Alexa doe not always listen properly. 

Oh, my God, I really am old.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Glenn Ryan said:

Hello All,

Now that there is new owners who's the best contact in terms of subscribers not receiving magazines. I'm in Australia which I know makes for delays but We are now near the end of October and the last one I got was the August copy and that was about 2 weeks ago.

Hi Glenn

Have a look here: https://www.classicmagazines.co.uk/contact

There is a phone number which may be of no use, but there is also a form to fill in. They should get back to you quite quickly.