Seagull 55" Little Bunny P 47?????

Rocker

Want to buy the Seagull Little Bunny P. 47,Thunderbolt. It says it is for a 10cc ic motor. I can never translate that into 4 Stoke glow engine. I was hoping to put my Laser 80 in this model. Can anyone tell me if the Laser 80 will power this Seagull P 47. 55 inch P47  I am sure it will but would like to be sure before I buy the kit then find out the Laser 80 was not any good for this model. Do not want to buy a new engine for this kit. If the Laser 80 is not suitable for this kit I have find a model that will be OK for my Laser 80 

Modelling rules of thumb state that a 10cc (60 size) 2 stroke is about a match for a 15cc (90 size) 4 stroke. This isnt exactly true as they deliver their power very differently, but that is a basic guide although i think its a gross oversimplification. 

My 62 inch 9.5lb hurricane is very well powered on an 80 and certainly needs no more. On the face of it 55 inch span is small for an 80 but they are talking about 8.5lbs flying weight which is pretty porky for a model that size and thunderbolts are generally quite bulky so it would probably be fine, especially if you hang all the dummy bombs on it as they will cause a good bit of drag. I also recommend the 100 for the slightly bigger 63 inch P47 seagull do and these fly very well with the 100 fitted. 

Looking at the instructions you might run into trouble with the engine mounting length as its built around a very short 2 stroke (evo 10cc petrol) so you may have to move the firewall back 20mm/cowl forward 20mm or 10mm on each. 

Tank placement needs alteration as usual but the P47 has a deep fuselage so it should be a simple task. 

I think generally it would be a reasonable match. If the flying weight they quote is accurate and you use no bombs then its going to be very sprightly on something like a 14x7, but you could tame it with a bigger prop like 15x6. If on the other hand its a real porker and you add all the bombs, the excess of power may be useful.