TX16S and FS-iA10B

Dale Bradly

Chaps, 2 questions.

had this combo working great, many flights, no problem.

Moved the Rx to another plane, and at that time two issues crop up.

1. It will bind WITHOUT the use of the bind plug. After a power cycle, has lost bind. (but easy to rebind!) I'm not the only one this has happened to, e.g. Link. Seems to me this is terminal and Rx is headed for the bin, but is there a known cause, so this doesn't happen again?

2. With this faulty Rx, and two others, one being a FS-iA6B, and the Turningy equivalent 10ch, will bind fine, but for the first 30 seconds or so, the connection is quite rough, with intermittant control, and telemetry dropping in and out. After 30 seconds or so, it comes in rock solid. I wonder if this is normal, and it's a fine-tuning "handshake" to dial in the connection, or something up with my Tx?

I don't have any of the Rx's above, but my TX16 is used with Spektrum (DSM2/DSMX), Orange (DSMX/DSM2), FrSky, FrSky clones, Radiomaster receivers,  and none of them exhibit the 'dodgy' initial connection.... some do get swamped resulting in warning messages when the Tx is close to the model but I've had no other issues.

Some Rx's need you to adjust the fine tuning at bind - not sure if this applies to your RX's....

13 hours ago, Dale Bradly said:

2. With this faulty Rx, and two others, one being a FS-iA6B, and the Turningy equivalent 10ch, will bind fine, but for the first 30 seconds or so, the connection is quite rough, with intermittant control, and telemetry dropping in and out. After 30 seconds or so, it comes in rock solid. I wonder if this is normal, and it's a fine-tuning "handshake" to dial in the connection, or something up with my Tx?

I experience the same thing sometimes with my Turnigy TGY i6 Tx and Turnigy iA6A and iA6B Rx's (rebranded FlySky). Tx off and on restores normal behaviour.

Edited by Max Z

Just had a look at my TX16S and there is no option to fine tune as per FRsky Rx's.

Did notice there is a choice of refresh rates at 22ms or 11ms.

Whether this is relevant I don't know or even if I have the correct protocol as I have it matched to an FS-iA6B.