Tacho

As Pat says, you've checked your tacho's calibration (assuming your mains frequency is 50Hz  - it used to be varied for load shedding purposes, not sure if that's still the case).

If you want to check rpm indoors, as I do with electrically powered models, then use a torch as the light source.

A pro cyclist can keep up about 400 watts on a climb for a while and a lot more in the last 200 metres of a sprint stage, for comparison. ?

That's an interesting site.  I see it doesn't include Solar as an energy source and that's what's powering my PC right now.

I used my GloBee Intellitach today for the first time today after it had been in the draw, with the battery disconnected, for a few years. In bright sunlight it showed the rev's on an OS 25 at 6000 at what I thought was a fast idle and full rev's was 12K. These figures seemed high as I'm sure it used to be 3.5K and 10K. The prop was a 9.5x6 so the engine was revving flat out.

When I got home I tested the tach on the only fluorescent tube left in the house and the tach read a steady 3000, as it did to with LED ceiling lights. The calibration figures in earlier posts refer to 300 so does this suggest my unit is out of calibration? I'm down here in NZ but our power is 50Hz.