Open Tx Reversed Trims

Andy J

I also had problems with reversed elevator trim on my x9D Tx. Careful checking with a servo tester confirmed that there is a problem with the elevator gimbal wiring - somewhere it is reversed and I have to reverse the elevator throw in either Inputs or Mixers to ensure the trim switch moves the elevator in the correct direction.

Not sure how you know there's a 'problem' with the elevator gimbal.  The direction a control surface moves in response to stick input depends on the physical layout of the servo and surface, and also on the electronics of the servo itself.  Are you saying that in the servo monitor screen, with no programming on the channel, the bar doesn't move up as the stick goes up?

I did a lot of testing reversing servo direction in the inputs, mixers and outputs noting the corresponding trim directions concluding that the elevator signal is reversed. On the screen which shows the stick positions, when the elevator stick is moved down, its position on the screen goes up. In companion the stick position follows the control stick as you would expect. All other stick positions on the taranis screen follow the sticks correctly (but not the elevator)