Jodel Robin

Roy Hill 3

Hello to all. I recently required help searching for air brakes on this forum and within days, the problem was solved. I must once again turn to the scale gurus for help. I have almost finished building a Jodel Robin DR 400 Cadet at 3.5-1 from Sarik plans. Although I have experienced several errors in the plan, things went quite well. I now find that I am ready to construct the canopy. Being a pretty big item, I am having troubles with it. I have built 2 plugs using different methods but neither seems good enough. Contacting Sarik, to enquire if the item is available off the shelf, is difficult as they don't reply to my emails! Graupner and Black Horse, who also produce the item, are out of stock. Can anyone help, please?  Happy landings. Roy

Canopies for many designs  can be bought from Vortex Vacform       and they might have been original suppliers to the magazine at one time.    Or they will mould from your plug.

Vortex also supply engine mouldings which might be useful.

A clubmate built a Jodel according to plan  and it looked like the wingtips were angled too much, studying photos suggested that the angle  had been applied to the top instead of underside ( the tips are tapered of course) which makes a difference.   Something you might want to check for yourself.

Edited by kc

Sarik DO list a canopy for the model you refer to. Assuming the plan in RC1776 by Cyril Murfitt (I assume it must be, as they only list one 1:3.5 scale Jodel Robin and it's this one!).

The Canopy is available under the link below, but if you wish to get confirmation, then why not ring the number on Sarik's website and ask them?

https://www.sarikhobbies.com/product/robin-canopy-sheet/

I am slightly concerned by the fact that it's listed as a sheet. I hope that doesn't mean it's just sufficient clear plastic sheet to make a canopy from. But surely worth a 2 minute phonecall to check?