SLEC Coyote Electric: Motor Installation

Skippers Walker

I've recently started the build of this basic kit, really more as a trip down memory lane!

I certainly remember the "Ridge Runt" version on the local slopes some years ago. The electric version provides an attractive option for and ageing modeller living far from a slope!

Please can any modeller provide some pictures or build information about the motor installation relevant to the current SLEC model? Whilst the kit is really good value the plans that I have seem to show motor installation detail for a much smaller motor than is now recommended. The motor mounting formers provided in the kit appear to be for a smaller rear mounted unit. Has anyone completed this modeller with a CF2822-14 1200KV Brushless Motor supplied by SLEC?

I have Ripmax artf Coyote, the in runner motor is designed to be fitted to the rear of the front firewall / bulkhead. I think the motor recommended would need a former set further back or just be set out in front.  Mine's setup is on the hot side, motor once pulled itself clean off the nose and fell some distance away but I was still able to glide back for a tidy landing.

Wasp motor.JPG

• Thanks 1

Thanks JD for the picture. I've got a spare brushless out runner Keda motor that might fit into the nose in a similar fashion to your 'Wasp'. I think that the original kit motor mount may have been for a 'Bell' type motor with a rear mounting or as you suggest an in runner unit. I'll probably try and make a ply former to screw the front of the motor allowing a folding prop onto the shaft. 

A picture is worth a thousand words....thanks again.

SW