Any tips for stopping plans getting stuck to my build when using CA ?

I've been building from plans / kits on and off for 40 years but my latest couple of builds have run into a new problem.  These were both built up wings where the ribs slide on to a carbon spar and thin CA is used to soak in and fix the ribs in place.  Same with the really thing carbon LE.  In order to protect the plans I covered them with cling film which works but I get left with a horrible cling film / CA glue mess on the bottom of the ribs where the CA has either dripped down or has soaked through the balsa.  Sanding it all off takes almost as long as building the wing in the first place.   Anybody got any tips to stop this?  

My dad used to rub a wax candle on the area of the plan under glue joints. 

One thing i have done in the past is use the smallest amount of glue i can to get it hung together and then go over it all again once i have lifted it from the board. 

• Like 1

Don't use as much cyano . If the joint is a good fit then only a tiny ammount will wick around the joint and be just as strong. Zap thin cyano is exceĺe t for this type of build while other makes can be described as thin but dontmatch the Zap glue. Pippett tips fitted onto your cyano bottles will help avoid excess application. 

I uave built proper pin to the plan models using Zap thin and have hardly any get on the plan. Once the wing is removed from the plan any gaps can be filled with careful application of thick grade cyano.

• Like 1