Favourite ESCs

I've been using Hobbyking Plush ESCs, with no problems, for the past few years now.  However, as we know, Hobbyking have not been able to come up with the goods on most items- either on backorder, or plain unavaiilable!

Just wondered if anyone has experience of good reliable ESCs from different sources?

Hobbywing, E-Flite, Jeti all used with no problems in a variety of sizes from 8amp to 80amp. I also have a couple of 4-Max ESCs and the small 6amp basic Robotbirds escs.

The Hobbywing ESCs are still available through other vendors now that Hobbyking are not viable, such as Wheelspin Models

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/m/505/ and a few other resellers. I don't use Bangood, but they are also listed there.

FrSky Neuron for me. Remarkably small and light, and if you have the right gear to access it, they have a number of telemetry measures built in such as current and voltage sensing, RPM and ESC temperature. However, the thing I like the most is the ability to limit the maximum current. You can see from the picture of the 60a version lead size just how small it is.

FrSky Neuron 60S ESC

Edited by Andy48
  • Like 1

There’s a good chance since, as has been said, at least some of the Plush range were re-badged HobbyWing products. There’s no harm in trying - the card will either light up or it won’t.

p.S. The HobbyWing Platinum range do need a different card but I’m guessing you won’t be using those for now.

Edited by Trevor
  • Like 1

I like the HobbyWing ones too, pleased to hear that you can still get them (mine are all Giant Cod era!)

I really dont like the 'continuous training' feature of most modern escs - if you momentarily flick the throttle cut, that becomes the new low throttle value, and releasing throttle cut will actually start the motor spinning slowly.   All my old HobbyWing escs retain their original calibration values regardless of subsequent inputs ?

• Thanks 1