Forum speed issues?

Ron Gray

I haven't had any issues with this site myself, but just ran a basic performance test to see what it is doing at the moment...

https://www.webpagetest.org/result/220530_AiDcRH_C1C/?medianMetric=fullyLoaded

Not absolutely awful, but given a briadmand tst jsut told me I am on nearly 40mb/sec here today I'd expect it to be a bit faster than that to render.

Edited by MattyB

2 hours ago, MattyB said:

I haven't had any issues with this site myself, but just ran a basic performance test to see what it is doing at the moment...

https://www.webpagetest.org/result/220530_AiDcRH_C1C/?medianMetric=fullyLoaded

Not absolutely awful, but given a briadmand tst jsut told me I am on nearly 40mb/sec here today I'd expect it to be a bit faster than that to render.

Your spellchecker must be running at 39mb/sec Matty ?

This is a new thread describing what sounds like an old problem. "Site Problems?" included similar and possibly "Posts not going up". (Both under "Forum & Website Technical Queries"). I rarely post thesedays, I never know how long it is going to take for a post to appear - regardless of browser or PC used. Just more people experiencing issues now.

You think this place is slow !

After many many many weeks the pension people phoned me !

They admitted mistakes have been made ( mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake resulting in a overpayment they never actually paid me for god's sake ! )

Anyways, a letter of explanation ( ha ! ) Is on its way and some money should land in the bank by tomorrow morning....I will not hold my breath.

Many many many thanks to the lady in Newcastle who had the "mess" land on her desk about 2 hours ago and "tasked" to sort it out, hopefully.

• Like 1

Earlier this afternoon I posted to one of my threads.

Nothing happened for 2 minutes and then the post disappeared.

After 15 minutes the post still wasn't on the thread.

I have just checked and it is now on there. Don't know how long it took.

Somebody somewhere is paying for this website and sooner or later they are going to get upset.

Maybe by then something will get resolved.

There again, maybe not.

What I have seen is an improvement in the opening up of threads / posts but the replying and the pm functions have still got the terrible delay. The problem is that this forum is not 'mission critical' so there is no real urgency to get the problem resolved quickly, all we can hope is that the more that people post on here about the dreadful performance the more likely something will be done about it, sooner rather than later, if only to avoid the embarrassment!