New Lipo battery

11 hours ago, Frank Skilbeck said:

9s and over 200 amps, ?, over 6KW not surprising it has a "good" rate of climb, 

Well I have seen over 8kW peaks when experimenting with 10s and a shorter start up ramp, but I think the extra couple of kW appears mostly in heat and noise (prop thrashing the air). It is certainly less efficient than the 6kW setup, but still spectacular in a 2m glider ?.

Back to the OP subject. I just cycle new packs once to check them out, then, if OK, after that I charge the night before planned use. Any unused ones get returned to storage voltage the day after. No idea if this is the best way to manage cells, but I figure that I abuse them enough while flying so try to help by storing them gently! Any used ones get left at whatever state they end up in after flying (usually near storage voltage anyway!).

Dick

Edited by Dickw
  • Like 1

A few here thinking fixed wing when it comes to current use of the High C rated packs I use, fair enough when not involved with Multi's.  A freestyle Multirotor will likely be using very high current for very VERY short periods of time, as two seconds is an exceptionally long time to run a high power light weight 5" quad on near full throttle, one not used many times per flight.

Also the pack is driving four ESCs and Motors, with the Flight Controller constantly varying the power to each at up to 8kHz.

15 minutes ago, Dave Bran said:

A few here thinking fixed wing when it comes to current use of the High C rated packs I use, fair enough when not involved with Multi's.  A freestyle Multirotor will likely be using very high current for very VERY short periods of time, as two seconds is an exceptionally long time to run a high power light weight 5" quad on near full throttle, one not used many times per flight.

Also the pack is driving four ESCs and Motors, with the Flight Controller constantly varying the power to each at up to 8kHz.

Yes, I understand that, my question was what is the actual measured IR of these “200C” rated packs - if we know that, capacity and SOC there are ways to calculate the real world effective sustainable C rating for more typical fixed wing and heli usage.

Edited by MattyB