Edge TX Question

Just thinking about it, there was problem running latest versions of Companion on older version of Mac OS so it could well be that is the problem. To test this you could try an older version of Comanion, say 2.2. But if you just need to setup logging then that can be done from the Tx, ditto telemetry and logical switches.

• 2 months later...

Hope posting in this thread is OK - I use EdgetTX but I'd imagine the solution would be the same!

• I have 2 position flaps on Switch B:
    • Switch up = no flap
    • Switch middle = half flap
    • Switch down = full flap
  • I have a delay of 2 secs as they are pretty powerful
  • I need Elevator compensation of 5% on half flap, and 10% on full flap - both need the same 2 second delay as the flaps.

Whatever I do with weights, offsets, sources, Add/Replace, I can't get both mixes to work - either one does, or the other, but never both.

Anyone know how I can achieve what I want?

TIA

Well, I seem to have managed it.

I set a logical switch for switch B in the middle, and one for switch B down (this didn't work by checking switch B down - I had to check for switch B NOT being up and NOT being central).

I used the Source for Ele/Flap mix at half flap as the first logical switch; Source for second mix being second logical switch.

Boom!

Can't you just use a mixer curve, and adjust the points to give you the desired compensation at the two points. Not Edge/Open Tx but thats how I do it on my MPX gear and I know the Open Tx glider boys have some fairly fancy spoiler/elevator compensation mixes, so what you want should be possible.

Edit - just checked on RC-Soar Open Tx page and you can have mixer curves with between 2 and 17 points, so a 3 point curve would let you adjust the mid and fully deployed elevator compensation.

Edited by Frank Skilbeck