iGull laser

Mike T

On 24/06/2022 at 15:39, Mike T said:

Does anyone know if he's packed it all in?  Say it ain't so!

It ain't so ?

"Just" a lack of balsa due to the Chinese buying it all up for wind turbine blade roots. 

That's been the story for around 4 months, I'm told that may change at the end of this month (June 2022).

It's Neil BTW - not Ian ?

Regards 

Neil

• Like 2

On 24/06/2022 at 20:02, Murat Kece 1 said:

He is not trading anymore.

Mmm, I must have missed the report from the CEO on that one ☹️

You say it with what appears to be some authority, perhaps it might have been wise to at least have done the most basic of investigation before posting fake news - it's unhelpul to everyone. 

Regards 

Neil 

On 24/06/2022 at 15:39, Mike T said:

I've just tried contacting him via Ebay and got an error message.

Looks like you just got an unlucky eBay mail issue, their message system is sometimes not what it should be ?

I get regular ebay messages nearly every day. 

Regards 

Neil 

Thanks NEIL!  (Gawd knows where I got 'Ian' from - maybe the 'i' in 'iGull' fooled my synapses! ?)

Good old eBay, eh?  Glad to hear you'll hopefully be back up and running soon.  I can wait - given that I've done nothing with the parts I've bought off you so far! ?

I'm surprised at the balsa shortage, though.  I thought that supply issues had been largely resolved - SLEC and Balsa Cabin had plenty of all sizes at Weston Park, but I didn't buy any so can't speak to the quality.  Judging by the parts I've received so far, I assume you are particular about what you feed into your machine?

4 hours ago, Mike T said:

Thanks NEIL!  (Gawd knows where I got 'Ian' from - maybe the 'i' in 'iGull' fooled my synapses! ?)

I'm surprised at the balsa shortage, though.  I thought that supply issues had been largely resolved - SLEC and Balsa Cabin had plenty of all sizes at Weston Park, but I didn't buy any so can't speak to the quality.  Judging by the parts I've received so far, I assume you are particular about what you feed into your machine?

Lol, you're not the first person to call me Ian, no idea why ?

Surprised that SLEC had a selection of balsa, all they have on their website is three sizes of hard sheet. Yes, I'm particular about balsa - as are the folks that buy from me too ? It's impossible for me to keep all grades and sizes 'though - I just couldn't afford it - dread to think what the latest prices are going to be! I can see us going back to bamboo and tissue ?

Maybe if 2mm poplar (not ceiba) liteply was available in the uk, that would alleviate some of the issues. 

• 1 month later...
On 26/06/2022 at 19:08, Neil Gillies said:

Blah blah SLEC blah...

Hi Neil, hope you're doing ok,  I just got back from the LMA 'do' at Elvington, bought some hardware from Slec and asked the guy how the balsa situation was, he said "no problems now, supply is back to normal" but I noticed their prices weren't back to normal 😁 😁 😁 

• Like 1

SLEC's selection of balsa from their new import is rather good, I picked up my order from them earlier this week and I'm impressed with the quality of the soft and medium stuff. Yes prices have gone up (1.5mm £2.44/sheet in 2020, £3.82 now) but we were warned about the increases.