Map of RC UK suppliers

• 8 months later...

Hi just a quick update. I have moved Slough Radio Control models into on-line only after reading another item in the Retail area of the forum. Although under current Covid-19 rules I would suggest all RC retailers are "not essential", and are therefore closed!

Please post any other requests for updates (deletions, changes or additions?).

regards

Mike

• 9 months later...

Redfin models has moved from Letchworth to Baldock in the last year, the new address is:

1 Whitehorse Street
Baldock
SG7 6PY

Whilst I admire your efforts in trying to keep thsi up to date and can see why it was useful back in 2009, is there any point now given a quick Google can find what is needed? 

Gee Dee's in Nottingham closed 2 years ago and Steve's Models in Ashby-de-la-Zouch closed earlier this year.

Millennium Model Services in Hucknall (never heard of them before) now appears to be a motorcycle shop and the website link from your map doesn't work.

Not a good time to be in the model trade...

Whilst acknowledging MattyB's comment, 'a quick Google can find what is needed', I find it sadly interesting to know this or that model shop is no longer around.

For example, many if not most seasoned modellers, will either through their work or leisure visits, been to other parts of the UK.

In my own case, if I visited Oxford, time and a little persuasion to my CEO, would always take me to 'Howes Models'.

Now, thanks to the updates and map info, I can see it is sadly no longer there.

Visiting a new area, at least the map suggests what might be (or might have been), the local model emporium.

Thanks Michael for your efforts.