2 scorpion commander esc bec in parrallel?

dave cut

I am using two 11A scorpion esc's on a model and each has a bec output of 1A. The 4 servos I am using will draw about 1.5A and so I need to know for definate if both bec's can be Y'd together and will safely give me a combined output of 2A. All I read on the forum is mixed opinions and even emailing scorpion in hong kong has resulted in no reply!
I cant afford the extra weight of a separate battery pack and dont want to go down the single heavier esc route.
Can anyone help me with this one?

Thanks for the reply Richard. I never thought of keeping the 2 bec supplies separate. I can see that feeding the rx and a servo pluggged into it is fine but how do you ensure that the feeds to the other servos is separate bearing in mind that they  have to be plugged into the Rx.

Dave,

My name is Bruce not Richard (a common mistake).

I would suggest that you:

1. remove the red (+ve) wire from one of the esc Rx plugs 

2. remove the red (+ve) wires from all the servos not powered from the Rx.

3. connect all these removed red wires together some how.

That should do it.

No guarantees but give it a try.

Bruce,

Just been looking at the electronic circuit side of the servo,s curtousy of
www.wolfstone.halloweenhost.com  and they say that the signal pulse for the servo must derive from the same source as the servo motor source so it looks like its back to the drawing board.
I think to be on the safe side I'm going to end up changing one of the ESC's to a bigger one that has a bec supply of 2A and dissabling the bec of the smaller one.

Dave

I am not a real expert in this field but I have seen many times the mention of separate supplies for Rx and servos and in fact the use of 2 batteries for retract servos is common and I have done that. Unfortunatley your link does not work so I cant look at the reference you found. I still think it is worth a try.

Can anyone else comment on this please.

Hi Bruce
At last I have had a reply from scorpion...apparently with scorpion esc's it is possible to 'Y' the 2 esc's into the throttle channel and the 2 bec circuits will combine and in my case give 2A instead of 1A.
I am going to try that(but keep the scorpion email in case anything goes wrong as a result!!)
I also suggested to scorpion it may be useful if they included that info with the product instructions as many people use multi motored models.

Anyway, thanks for your help

or maybe type it into the explorer bar

it really is worth looking at for servo stuff.

Dave