Sign of the times - funnies * Remember this is a family friendly forum and inappropriate postings will be removed without warning.

ken anderson.

After retiring, I went to the Social Security office to apply
for Social Security. The woman behind the counter asked me 

for my driver's License to verify my age. I looked in my pockets 

and realized I had left my wallet at home. I told the woman that 

I was very sorry, but I would have to go home and come back later.

The woman said, 'Unbutton your shirt'.
So I opened my shirt revealing my curly silver hair.

She said, 'That silver hair on your chest is proof enough for me' and she processed my Social Security application.

When I got home, I excitedly told my wife about my experience at the Social Security office.

She said, 'You should have dropped
your pants. You might have gotten disability too.'

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Martin Harris - Moderator said:

Your American must have been a member of the nearly flat earth society - the earth’s curvature would only allow him to see around 40 miles from that height. 

As a Coastguard on a search for missing boats, kayak's/persons at sea we would head for the nearest high ground in the search area.

When  down at say beach level you may think you can see a long way out to sea but the effective distance for small vessels is little more than a mile.

Re: The Who - "I Can See For Miles"

I recall them doing this on "Top of the Pops" at Television Centre back in the black & white days. During the instrumental break, Roger Daltrey started swinging the mic around his head, slowly letting out the lead until it was flying over the heads of the audience. Suddenly the camera on Pete Townshend swung off him and up into the overhead lights! Yes, Roger Daltrey had clocked the cameraman around the earhole!!!

The TV Director thought it was great - totally unaware that one of his cameramen was now totally dazed! It started the trend of that era for swinging the cameras around wildly and up into the lights!

The bill for replacement camera tubes went through the roof for a while, as the resulting burn marks on the sensitive photo-conductors rendered the cameras unfit for use! It only stopped when the management decreed that in future, the cost of the tubes would come from the programme budget rather than the maintenance one....!

--

Pete

1 hour ago, ken anderson. said:

anyone stuck for what to get her indoors...?

ken anderson...ne..1..romance dept.

13th feb.jpg

That’s big enough to beat me with, if I brought that home! 

BTW, it’s her Ladyship’s birthday on Saturday.......big surprise. I guarantee she will be delighted. Keep you posted! 

• Like 1