Move over Wildthing the Fusion has landed

True. I bought some tape from somewhere else and it was thinner than a very thing thing. Should be doing a "prisoner exchange" tomorrow night, so could be sloping it very soon after that. Building it shall have to be done in the half built shed with half baked excuses

I went out to play for a couple of hours with Andy Ellison and his minders.... we enjoyed some good 35+ MPH south westerlys on "The Big Rock" and Jarty was re-maidened.
8oz of ballast in the fairly gusty conditions saw her fly pretty well - big grins all around except for Steve Dorling who rekitted a model and his car hood and charger

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 07/04/2009 19:05:41

I so want to build mine now. It's still in the box. I'm waiting for the right time to tell Carol (my wife). Would that be "when I open the box in front of her" do you think?

Glad you got it maiden'd Andy.

And the re-build Jart as well. Shame the weather is about to turn to ratpooo

• 2 weeks later...
be afraid... be very afraid.

60 inches of EPP goodness is coming. 

It's alot easier when you're on the second SAS model. I am finding CW tape quite therapeutic. Worryingly.

Tape theme will be "stripey". I've got some of that Neon Pink solartrim left. Be a shame not to use it.

Right load me up a westerly. I'm nearly good to go.

Indeed I am Phil. I just need to work on the logistics. A long summer weekend with the family sounds about right. May have to leave one child at home to make sure I can fit all the models in!

It's a stumpy old so and so even compared to the WT.

Can't wait to fly it

I had them back to back while checking something. The wing chord is thinner, nose is the *EDIT Just rechecked* the same length,  back end a bit shorter if that makes sense. But it's a "WT and a Bit". I'm taking care not to over build it (my WT is heavy) as I want to fly is less wind than the WT needs.

What I really need is a weasel. But let's move on. I see a couple of shops are doing the slope easyglider for £58 with servos in! Just needs a RX and batt.

Tempting

Edited By Alex Leigh on 17/04/2009 23:22:35