Move over Wildthing the Fusion has landed

so it could be not enough reflex as they call it (?)... you might have it sussed because I flew it the time before last in about 30mph with 4oz of church roof from a steep cliff so the lift was near vertical, had trouble keeping it in sight from the height it was gainging, must have thrown heaps of down trim in and left it there last time.
When out with it last week it was almost hyper stalling in 12-15mph, or possibly just me occasionally pulling up  to try and control the height loss which is never a great idea.
Cheers fellas, always get the answers pronto round here.

Ross

Glad that we have found the answer.

Reflex is up and camber is down (technically on flaps/ ailerons), yet with a delta wing the ailerons work the other way.

Anyway, too much down trim.

My fusion needs the elevator trim setting for most outings as the lift is different nearly every time.

Trim it so that when it is flying across the slope it is just gaining height.

That is the "sweet spot".

Edited By Peewhit on 01/12/2010 18:53:07

• 10 years later...

Hi, i have been given a SaS Fusion.

Looks like the Ailerons have been fitted the wrong way round.

The wider part of the Aileron is on the outside of the wings and the narrow part of the Aileron is next to the fin.

Anyone know if this will give me problems and how much control throw do i need. ?

Cheers

Steve.

12 hours ago, Stephen Jones said:

Hi, i have been given a SaS Fusion.

Looks like the Ailerons have been fitted the wrong way round.

The wider part of the Aileron is on the outside of the wings and the narrow part of the Aileron is next to the fin.

Anyone know if this will give me problems and how much control throw do i need. ?

Cheers

Steve.

This is how I fitted the ailerons on all my Zagis, It looks much better with the thin outer most and is less likely to tip-stall that way.

6 hours ago, Stephen Jones said:

Here is a picture of my SAS Fusion wing span 46 inch I have added some new tape fixed the fin .

I could always cut the Aileron down so that it is thinner at the tip of the wing.

Steve.

I wouldn't worry too much about the ailerons and just try flying it as it is. The attached image shows a wing which shows no adverse characteristics with ailerons that shape. It may be small, but it gets thrown about quite a bit during every flight and is very forgiving!

Dick

1741350997_Planeandplan.thumb.JPG.14d70e266156a8c1d9cb99a55ed919fc.JPG

• Like 1