Seagull 40 Low Wing Trainer

The servo  wiring Ross the wing fits under the fuselsge so they will be inside.Ive always enjoyedputting any Seagull together and Im enjoying this one,Finished the under carriage tonight,and connected the sevos and haileron horns together.Not getting as much done as usual because on the way home I go to the field,have acouple of flights,quick look for the Super Air and then home.Ive watched Torchwood this week as well,so should speed thins up a bit now.Also fitted the tank and drilled the holes for the engine.

Hi Kelvin its because of your earlier thread I went for the Seagull 40 and Im glad I did.Its gone together very well and this evening I made an earlier start than usual and its just about finished.Ive only to fit the wings and centralise the aileron servos and any aileron adjustments then ite done.This evening I fitted the elevator,rudder and throttle sevos,all with the Boomerang connections atill attached which made it easier.I glued the horizontal stabiliser and fin into place and the relative horns and connected everything up.I didnt glue the battery tray in but screwed it using a couple odlite ply off cuts Id kept from a flair build  because it will make it easier to remove the tank if its necessary in future.Ive also fitted the battery underneath the tray which allows me to fit the receiver on top.Ive also fitted the second receiver between the servos.Ive taken a photo of this and I hope Timbo will confirm it looks an OK positrion

Simon, for reliability purpose, you really ought to

* cut off the spare side of the elevator servo arm
* tidy those cables up as, for now, they could easily get caught up with the elevator arm
* put a screw in the throttle arm

Had a couple of problems at the field which meant we couldnt fly.Firstly when we did a range check there was glitching,the throttle kept opening and closing.the elevator also  twitched from time to time.Had problems getting fuel through but puffing up the pipes seemed to sort that out.With the engine running we still had problems with glitching.Can only assume the receiver was damaged when the Boomerang finished up in thr tree

I'm no expert, but it looks to me as if both your receivers' antennae are lying in the same (horizontal) plane.  I was under the impression that they were supposed to be at 90 degrees to each other - i.e. one horizontal, one vertical.  Could this account for some of your loss of control problems Stephen? 

Edited By Clem on 14/07/2009 17:27:07

Hi clem,no they are at 90 degrees,the front one is parallel with the tank and the rear one is parallel to the servos,I wish you were right. I was hoping Timbo was going to come along and tell me the receivers wouldnt work there Impretty sure they would if they were working.Ill try another receiver tonight