Seagull 40 Low Wing Trainer

Its a mystery Rim,Ive a fairly new DX7 and 2 days ago the receiver needed rebinding for some reason,I checked other models and they were fine.Im charging my Scorpion ans Im testing the transmitter this afternoon and sending 2 receivers back for checking.The fail safe didnt come on so I dont believe it is the transmitter

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 6 years later...
On 14/07/2009 at 17:17, Stephen Grigg said:

Had a couple of problems at the field which meant we couldnt fly.Firstly when we did a range check there was glitching,the throttle kept opening and closing.the elevator also  twitched from time to time.Had problems getting fuel through but puffing up the pipes seemed to sort that out.With the engine running we still had problems with glitching.Can only assume the receiver was damaged when the Boomerang finished up in thr tree

Hi Stephen, I know this is an old thread and your probably not flying anymore?.   But I have this brand new OS 52 Suroass fourstroke that I bought a few years ago and I was looking at two planes I could possibly use for this engine.  A Seagull Boomerang or Seagull low wing 40?.   Which in your opinion is the best and most stable?.  I like flying relatively slow at times so stall speed is important.   Thank you for your help.   Regards, Aidan

Hi Aiden,

I had a Seagull Low Wing 40 many years ago. It flew on an SC 52 4 stroke. I didn't like it with the engine I found it to be under powered. It really comes alive with a good 46 2 stroke or a SC 62 4 Stroke. The OS you have is likely to be slightly more powerful than the SC 52 I had, so it is up to you. I have a YouTube video of the plane flying on the SC 52 and crash landing in across wind. Search Seagull Low Winger 40.

The Boomerang would probably flying better and slower with the OS 52 you have.

Edited by Tony H

• 1 month later...
On 09/10/2021 at 09:48, Tony H said:

Hi Aiden,

I had a Seagull Low Wing 40 many years ago. It flew on an SC 52 4 stroke. I didn't like it with the engine I found it to be under powered. It really comes alive with a good 46 2 stroke or a SC 62 4 Stroke. The OS you have is likely to be slightly more powerful than the SC 52 I had, so it is up to you. I have a YouTube video of the plane flying on the SC 52 and crash landing in across wind. Search Seagull Low Winger 40.

The Boomerang would probably flying better and slower with the OS 52 you have.

Many thanks Tony, just getting back to you now.  I've just ordered the Seagull Boomerang for the OS 52 fourstroke.  I think your right, it will fly it a lot better than the Seagull low wing 40.    Many thanks,  Aidan