Flight box.

Hi all,

I am looking at getting a flight box today.

Just a couple of questions, do most of them come with an electric fuel pump or do i need to buy that seperately to fit as this is not clear on most of them?

Also, will i need to purchase anything else like different connectors or fuel hose?

Thanks in advance.

Ross.

Yes, and yes.

In my experience anything that could possibly be considered as an optional extra will be extra.............and probably a few things that you think are essential will also be classed as extra!

Seriously, your flightbox will only contain wood and some screws.  Nothing else, except possibly a little handle to open the drawer with.  Everything else is additional.  They seem (like many things) rediculously overpriced to me.  There are plans around and B&Q sell 6mm ply.

Hi Ross, I use a B&Q plastic tool box with a tranny strap to sling it over my shoulder,
I fix a plastic fuel bottle outside, to keep it away from anything sparky.
I have found a manual pump to be much more reliable than an electric one, and the starter is powered by a small 12v lead acid battery. There are lots of wee drawers to fill with tools, spares etc.
I can send you a pic if you are interested
ernie 

Hi Ross,I dont bother with a flight Box or electric pump,I bought a mobile tool box from B and Q and changed it for 1 from Halfords £29..99.I highered the wheels for better clearance across grass,no carrying needed and get even my lunch in it.Battery ,starter in the bottom,,spare props pump,bottle of water,rags,cleaning cloths and cleaning fluid in the bottom of the top box,tools glow start pump ona removable tray at the top.No lifting or carrying.

I agree with Ernie about the pump after going through several electric pumps, including expensive ones in a few years. Those power panels that have a pump built in do not seem to last long either. I have had my 'current' manual pump for at least  5 years.
The other advantage is that when you see the tank is full you can stop pumping immediately. This saves wasting fuel.
And dont forget to buy a fuel filter.

ross put me in with ernie's post-£10.00 from b/q-i use a gel cell batt and a sharpshooter pump-had it for 20 year's.......you crank it by hand-spot on.the top of the box has two clear plastic panel-one side i modified and fitted the power panel into it with just the holes for the plug's open....send me a pm or a post on here i will send you a pic of it........only prob with a post on here is every body will copy it.......'s..

ken anderson.....

Where are the easy to move to pits wheels Ken.You see I spent seconds thinking about my flight box carrying implement wheree as you rushed in with years and years and yearsd and years of experience.You cant rush these things Ken,here is my entry for the best Field Box Competition

The angle it stands at is because I heightened the wheels for travellimg over rough terrain.You cant see the picnic table hamper and chairs but they are in there somewhere

Posted by ken anderson. on 26/09/2009 18:31:05:
yo stephen-that's the one they take to the moon-we're lucky that we park the car and the pit's are 20 yard's away.............so we dont have far to go---i think a good new thread would be "show' us your club field".................

ken anderson..

Here's one of mine....