Ben Buckle Super Scorpion

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Posted by Stephen Grigg on 17/10/2009 12:35:29:
Lovely Conrad,Im removeng the engine from my Super Scorpion and need to repair one of the engine bearers as its split.The engine has become very noisy so I need to investigate that also.So I probably may not fly the model until next year.

Hi Stephen,
Sounds like the vibration from the 'noisy engine' was probably the catalyst in the splitting of the bearer. Unless the noise was the normal vibration reverberating on the bearer and  travelling through the structure. Time for some dissasembly methinks
sparks

Hi Conrad,I replaced the bearer and engine,but the engine seemed to have a problem,so swopped it for another.That was all fine but I have to fly the Super scorpion holding in loads of down,which isnt comfortable.I then flew the completed Red Zephyr,but that quickly  developed a sharp pull to the right.possibly due to an expanding snake,so Ill probably change the rudder to pull pull in the winter,Im satifying myself with the Fun Cub at the moment

• 10 months later...
Hi Conrad, years late but you've probably found by now that you picked what are almost certainly the two most dificult to build models in the BB range, also they are both excellent fliers. My first Falcon has a laser 70 in it and my second one, which I sold on, had a saito 62 in it, my little Super Scorpion has an original os 40 fs in it which makes it my favourite to fly.
Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

• 3 months later...
I havent flown the super scorpion for over a year now,I fitted a Saito 40 but couldnt get it to run for long,so I fitted another OS 40 Surpasse and havent been near it since then.With the REd Zephyr now in place its been replaced but never forgotten.Ill get it out during the winter.I need to check the C of G because it didnt feel correctly set up although it still flew well.Of course then the Radio Queen caught my attention

• 2 months later...
I recently took my 2 Super Scorpions out.My red and beige on is in very good condition whereas my other one is looking a bit aged.The red ones fuselage sort of collapsed,but it only took a few days here and there to repair it.Ive swopped everything ovr now to it from the black one and have it ready to fly ,just a couple of splits to repair on the fuselage covering

• 8 years later...