Plans exchange

twinstar

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted by simon burch on 31/03/2011 11:03:08:
Has anyone got plans for any thermal gliders over 100" span. I'm looking to build an electric conversion and just wondered if anyone has an old plan knocking about.

ps. Chris, thank you for the pushy cat plan.

Cheers,

Simon

How about 'Red Ned', which was the free plan in the May 2010 issue, Simon? 110" span, designed for I/C but a leccy conversion would be straightforward. There are a couple of short threads on here, too.

Pete

Without going through all the postings I don't know if anyone has mentioned this website, if so, sorry, here it is again.

THis chap has a vast collection of plans including kit plans from round the world. He will trade current plans so as not to tread on any toes but will also sell the vintage kit plans etc

He can send them by email as PDF files or print them out.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Ok I have some plans, mainly from mid 80's Radio Modeller.

I have most of the build notes available with these. The ones that dont are marked with *
I am looking for TN's Vampire (.25 ic powered) and also the BA Hawk (also IC powered)
But I would consider anything interesting in exchange for what I have.

ok

ME 163 Comet .15 ic power - 30 in span *
Spinks Acromaster .20 - .25 ic - 40 in span
N A Fury .15 ic power 38 in span *
Elf 16 Funfighter 0.49 ic ic 28 in span
Eaglet 46 in span sport model 1.5 cc ic
AD1 Skyraider 38 in span .10 - .15 ic power
Dracon 32 in span all sheet canard model 0.49 ic power
Double Up Mono/biplane .10 cu power 36 in span
Saab Gripen 25 in span .15 - .20 ic
Quickfire & BlitzJager 36 in span .10 - .15 ic power
De Havilland DH6 .15 - .20 ic power 43 in span
Widget 40 in span .15 - .20 power
Bede BD5 .10 ic 36 in span
Skystreak 32 .49 powered 32 in span (based on old KK control line design)

PM me if interested.

Edited By Alan Barke on 19/06/2011 23:42:31

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi all, back in the 80s only a couple of models pulled my cord, The Flair Hooligan with its anhedral wings and fully areo tailplane and the Aerobat,with a 4 wheeled pram type undercart, if anyone knows where I can buy,copy, or even pay for you to copy them, I would be gratfull.

thank you for your help

Dennis

The 4 wheel U/C plane is ' AROBIK ' not Aerobat ( Arobik is the exact spelling as in their advert )
The review of Arobik in RCModelWorld March 86 says "the plan / instructions are just an A3 sheet with hand drawn sketches. It is not a plan "
So maybe no plan was ever supplied.

Aerobat is a David Boddington design RM285 from MyHobbyStores.

The 4 wheel U/C plane is ' AROBIK ' not Aerobat ( Arobik is the exact spelling as in their advert )
The review of Arobik in RCModelWorld March 86 says "the plan / instructions are just an A3 sheet with hand drawn sketches. It is not a plan "
So maybe no plan was ever supplied.

Aerobat is a David Boddington design RM285 from MyHobbyStores.

• 1 month later...

I havent got any plans to swap other than the freebies in RCM&E 20011/12 (thats about how long I,ve been flying)

but I,d like the Sunderland and the Lysander by Tony Nijhuis,I,d also like to build a DHC-2 Beaver float plane if any one has a plan ,

I was given some old magazines by a club member one of which was "Flying Scale Models" May 2010 there was a free plan for a Canadair CL-215 foamie, unfortunately all the plans were missing from the mags , anyone got a copy they dont want ?

As may be obvious I have an interest in float and sea planes and STOL

I,m short of flying/launch space but theres a canal not far away so I thought it might make a reasonable run way

,Ive built a couple of foamies from plans but not a balsa ply model yet,any one have any suggestions for my first few attempts ?

Thanks Noel

• 4 weeks later...