Plans exchange

twinstar

I have most of Chris Olsen's plans which were part of his collection. They include the early 'Uproar', the 1995 updated 'Uproar', 'Uplift' and ' Upset 2' There may be others all of which I can get copied for anyone interested at prices for copying and postage.

Uproar,Olsens last, RM trainer and Twinstar

Chris Olsen's last Uproar with 0S 46 with both throttle and mixture RC control.

MJE

• 3 months later...

Help! To enable me to repair / rebuild my model, has anybody out there get a copy available of the wing plan (54" span) for the Goldberg Bluehawk Ultimate 10 - 300 or Ultimate 90 Kit together with templates of any of the wing parts i.e. ribs, etc.

I believe it was identified as part no. 2030 ref: K53 - Plan 2 - Wing Plan.

Many thanks, AJFlyer

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all, after a loft clearout I have discovered a half built Cutlass from the Quality models stable. There are just about all the parts there but no plans. Does anyone know the whereabouts of a sheet of plans for this model? I'll happily pay for postage/copying etc. Cane even accept them via email. Many thanks all.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Mike that is incredible. That thing is the best boomerang I have ever seen fly. It goes out, circles back above your head and then comes down like a helicopter and you can catch it between your palms as it hovers down. If you balance it right you don't even have to move your position on the ground. It returns exactly to you. I have seen many boomerangs, but nothing like this one. Thank you so much for your time.

I made mine from multi-laminated ply about 5/16" thick and shaped it with a sanding disk. I stuck a nail in it to get the balance point right. If you do that the performance will surprise you. If you lacquer it it goes twice as fast.

Edited By Panther1 on 18/06/2013 03:28:18

• 2 weeks later...

I was just given a Precedent T180 (nearly finished) and apparently they only have part plans, not full ones. I think there is a construction book in the box. Mine came with an obechi covered foam core wing and I have thought of cutting sections out to make it lighter but am frightened the laminate may lift around the edges if it is not stuck properly. I have bought a G46 (electric) motor for it and have an engine mount coming and had nearly everything else needed in my stocks. Is yours the Foam wing? If so, they are heavy and would benefit from a lighter built up wing. I have thought of doing one myself.

The foam wing should do you fine ,but i dont recomend cutting it up.No i built up my wing but i didnt know properly what i was doing and it got sabotaged from my sister back when i built it and it has the wrong wash out on one wing so im planning on building it again with a different aerofoil secion and adding flaps also a center detachable section for ease of transport..if you have the plan for the wing and not using it i'd be happy to take it off your hands..for a price of course..I allready have the manuals just not the drawings..great litle glider you got there in your profile..as for the obeshi im sure others more experenced than me could help you on this forum..personally i hate foam not tried any off these new types though ..had bad expeariences with them you see..but saying that i do have a cambrian 109 with foam and obeshi that i still havent built up yet ..howerver i did just see a ka 8 foam glider on the market ..surely theyve improved over these last few years but for now i'll stick to my balsa bashing..theres so much on the market just now i don't know what to buy....Roy

Hi Roy, There is no plan for the wing as it came ready built and just had to be joined. If there had been one you would have been welcome to it for nix. Just got my Prolux digital iron in the post today and still waiting on my engine mount but I have been concentrating on my Raptor FPV the last week or two. Just had my first flight with it yesterday. It has a really tough plastic fuselage and EPO wings and flys well. I have always been a balsa bloke but the heat here can do horrible things to the covering and that has swayed me to certain foamies of late. I don't buy EPP foamies though, just EPO. Trouble is the cost of building in balsa now has made me re-evaluate my modelling trends as it is so much cheaper just to buy planes now than build from scratch. I have had obechi wings before on my large gliders so I am pretty familiar with them, even used to cut my own cores and laminate them. I hope someone has a plan for you but don't like your chances. I may even do a built up wing for my Precent but I always do my own plans.

Cheers

Doug

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...